走遍美國
Career Choices(職業選擇) ACT III
1 . Marilyn, you're going to design my niece's dress.Marilyn現在就開始設計我侄女的結婚禮服。
2 . If I had a child as cute as Max,假如我有一個像Max這樣可愛的孩子,
3 . and take care of Max and continue my career.一面照顧孩子, 同時繼續我的事業。
4 . She loves children.她喜歡孩子。
5 . But I haven't finished telling you但我還沒有對你說完
6 . Oh! My, how he's grown!噢, 天啊, 他長這麼大了!
7 . I'm disappointed, but I respect your decision.我很失望, 但我尊重你的決定。
8 . That's what I thought.我也正這樣想。
9 . She sure got here quickly.她來得真快。
10 . Oh, I just wanted to see your baby, Max.噢, 我只是想看看你的寶貝, Max。
11 . It's nice seeing you.非常高興見到你。
12 . I've thought about that for some time.我已經想過一陣子了。
13 . I think she's just anxious to see Max.我覺得她只是急著想看Max。
14 . and then we'll use it to sell others.然後我們再利用它來銷售其他的。
15 . I've decided to stay at home and be a full-time mother.我決定留在家裡做一個專職母親。
16 . She must like you and your work, Marilyn.她一定是喜歡你和你的工作, Marilyn。
17 . I'm all ears.我洗耳恭聽。
18 . I'd want to stay home and be near him all the time, too.我也要整天都在他身邊。
19 . to see some of my designs that I've been working on?看我正在設計的一些服裝呢?
20 . That'll be our first one,這將成為我們的第一件,
21 . Come on, you big guy.過來, 你這個好小子。
22 . Can I get you some coffee or tea or a cold drink, Rita Mae?要咖啡、 茶或者冷飲嗎 ,Rita Mae?
23 . You sounded like you've made a decision你好像已經作了決定
24 . And if it's successful,假如成功的話,
25 . And I could do the selling and the pricing at the boutique.而我在時裝店裡負責銷售和標價。
26 . I'm Ellen Stewart, Marilyn's mother-in-law.我叫Ellen Stewart, Marilyn的婆婆。
27 . Well, I will leave you two to talk.嗯 ,我走開,你們談吧。
28 . If I had a baby like Max,假如我有一個像Max這樣的寶貝,
29 . It's a simple idea, and it will work.這主意很簡單, 而且一定可行。
30 . when you called me.當你打電話給我的時候。
31 . I think I can stay at home我覺得我可以待在家
32 . And there's no reason why you can't do it from your home.而且也沒有理由你不可以在家裡做。
33 . Now the hard work begins.艱苦的工作現在開始了。
34 . I sure do.我當然記得。
35 . our talks about custom-designed dresses for the boutique?我們曾經談過為時裝店設計訂做的服裝嗎?
36 . for Max and for yourself too, Marilyn.為Max,也為你自己, Marilyn。
37 . I have made a decision, Rita Mae.我已經做了決定, Rita Mae。
38 . Oh, it's beautiful, Rita Mae!噢 ,太漂亮了, Rita Mae!
39 . It's just a little present for Max.這僅僅是給Max的一件小禮物。
40 . I have a customer for your first wedding dress.我已經有了 的第一套結婚禮服的顧客。
41 . Brilliant idea!這個主意真棒!
42 . and I've been trying to find just the right thing for her.而我一直在為她找件合適的東西。
43 . we can expand to all kinds of dresses.我們可以擴展到所有種類的服裝。
44 . What kind of dresses would you design?你打算設計哪種服裝?
45 . I like the idea very much.我很喜歡這個主意。
46 . My niece is getting married,我侄女即將結婚,
47 . the other half of my decision.我這個決定的另一半。
48 . Let me know if you need anything.假如你需要什麼就通知我。
49 . You can certainly design dresses.確實很能設計服裝。
50 . There's a big market today in wedding dresses.結婚禮服在目前有很大的市場。