新概念英語第二冊
Lesson 20 One man in a boat
1 . Fishing is my favourite sport.釣魚是我特別喜愛的一項運動。
2 . After having spent whole mornings on the river, I always go home with an empty bag.我總是在河上呆上整整一上午,然後空著袋子回家。
3 . Some fishermen are unlucky.有些垂釣者就是不走運,
4 . Instead of catching fish,they catch old boots and rubbish.他們往往魚釣不到,卻釣上來些舊靴子和垃圾。
5 . I am only interested in sitting in a boat and doing nothing at all!我感興趣的只是獨坐孤舟,無所事事!
6 . I never catch anything -- not even old boots.我什麼東西也未釣到過 -- 就連舊靴子也沒有。
7 . 'You must give up fishing!' my friends say.「你可別再釣魚了!」我的朋友們說,
8 . ' But they don't realize one important thing.」然而他們沒有認識到重要的一點,
9 . 'It's a waste of time.「這是浪費時間。
10 . I'm not really interested in fishing.我並不是真的對釣魚有興趣,
11 . I often fish for hours without catching anything.我經常一釣數小時卻一無所獲,
12 . But this does not worry me.但我從不為此煩惱。
13 . I am even less lucky.我的運氣甚至還不及他們。