新概念英語第二冊
Lesson 30 Football or polo
1 . I turned to look at the children, but there weren't any in sight: they had all run away! The man laughed when he realized what had happened.我轉過頭去看那些孩子,但一個也不見,全都跑了!當那個人明白了發生的事情時,笑了起來。
2 . The Wayle is a small river that cuts across the park near my home.威爾河是橫穿過我家附近公園的一條小河。
3 . Some people on the bank called out to the man in the boat, but he did not hear them.岸上的一些人對著小船上的人高喊,但他沒有聽見。
4 . It was warm last Sunday, so I went and sat on the river bank as usual.上星期日天氣很暖和。於是我和往常一樣,又去河邊坐著。
5 . I like sitting by the Wayle on fine afternoons.我喜歡在天氣晴朗的下午到河邊坐坐。
6 . Some children were playing games on the bank and there were some people rowing on the river.河岸上有些孩子正在玩耍,河面上有些人正在划船。
7 . He called out to the children and threw the ball back to the bank.他大聲叫著那些孩子,把球扔回到岸上。
8 . The ball struck him so hard that he nearly fell into the water.球重重地打在他身上,使他差點兒落入水中。
9 . Suddenly, one of the children kicked a ball very hard and it went towards a passing boat.突然,一個孩子狠狠地踢了一腳球,球便向著一隻劃過來的小船飛去。