新概念英語第二冊
Lesson 48 Did you want to tell me something
1 . Meanwhile, my tongue was busy searching out the hole where the tooth had been.與此同時,我的舌頭正在忙著尋找剛拔掉的那顆牙的傷口。
2 . I tried to say something, but my mouth was full of cotton wool.我想說點什麼,但我嘴裡塞滿了藥棉。
3 . I was able to tell him that he had pulled out the wrong tooth.我總算有可能告訴他,他拔錯了牙。
4 . When the dentist at last removed the cotton wool from my mouth,當那位牙醫最後將藥棉從我嘴中取出時,
5 . I suddenly felt very worried, but could not say anything.我突然非常著急起來,但卻什麼也說不出來。
6 . Dentists always ask questions when it is impossible for you to answer.牙科醫生們總是在你無法作出回答的時候向你提出問題。
7 . In answer to these questions I either nodded or made strange noises.作為對這些問題的回答,我不是點頭,就是發出奇怪的聲音。
8 . He then asked me how my brother was and whether I liked my new job in London.接著他又問我的兄弟近來如何,問我是否喜歡倫敦的新工作。
9 . My dentist had just pulled out one of my teeth and had told me to rest for a while.我的牙科醫生剛剛給我拔掉了一顆牙,叫我休息一會兒。
10 . He knew I collected match boxes and asked me whether my collection was growing.他知道我收集火柴盒,於是問我收藏的米柴盒是否在增加。