新概念英語第二冊
Lesson 95 A fantasy
1 . 'How did your clothes get into such a mess?'「你的衣服怎麼搞得一塌糊塗?」
2 . 'Someone fired a shot through my office window.「有人向我辦公室窗戶開了一槍。
3 . 'What has happened?' she asked.「發生了什麼事?」她問,
4 . 'A fire extinguisher, my dear,' answered the Ambassador drily.「滅火器弄的,親愛的,」大使冷冷地回答,
5 . 'And how can you explain that?' she asked.「那麼你對那又作何解釋呢?」她問。
6 . If I had been, I would not have been able to get home for lunch. '如果真戴著它,我現在就不能回家來吃午飯了。」
7 . He looked pale and his clothes were in a frightful state.他面色蒼白,衣服也搞得不成樣子。
8 . The Ambassador's wife went on asking questions, when she suddenly noticed a big hole in her husband's hat.大使夫人繼續提出問題,她突然又發現丈夫的帽子上有個洞。
9 . He thought I was on fire.他認為是我著火了。
10 . 'The fire broke out in the basement.I went down immediately,of course,「地下室突然著火,我當然馬上下去了。
11 . 'University students set the Embassy on fire this morning.'「今天上午大學生們放火點著了大使館。」
12 . I must definitely get that fellow posted. '我一定要把那個傢伙打發走。」
13 . and that fool, Horst, aimed a fire extinguisher at me.但那個傻瓜霍斯特把滅火器對準了我。
14 . 'Oh, that,' said the Ambassador.「那個嘛,」大使說,
15 . 'Good heavens!' exclaimed his wife.「天啊!」他的夫人驚叫,
16 . Accurate, don't you think? Fortunately, I wasn't wearing it at the time.真夠準的,是不是?幸虧我當時沒戴帽子。
17 . 'And where were you at the time?'「那你當時在什麼地方?」
18 . When the Ambassador or Escalopia returned home for lunch, his wife got a shock.當艾斯卡羅比亞國的大使回到家吃午飯時,把他的夫人嚇了一跳。
19 . 'I was in my office as usual,' answered the Ambassador.「我和往常一樣,在辦公室裡,」大使回答說。