高一英語課文
Unit 5 Why do you do that
1 . Do you have to feed plants like you feed chickens? Or do they grow up by themselves?你得要像喂小雞那樣去餵幼苗嗎?還是它們自己長大呢?
2 . Several weeks after that, I will plant them in rows in the field.再過幾個星期,我還要把它們一行行地栽到菜地裡。
3 . In fact they grow better if you feed them.事實上,要是你給它們澆水施肥,它們會長得更好。
4 . Like me!就像我一樣粗壯。
5 . You see, I put some soil in the box, sow the seed carefully like this, and then cover it with more soil.你瞧,我在盒子裡放些泥土,像這樣小心地把種子播下,然後再用多一點兒的土蓋住種子。
6 . No.Later, in a few weeks' time I'll put the little plants in the earth.不止。幾星期以後,我要把菜秧移到地裡。
7 . I'm sowing cabbages.我在播白菜種。
8 . Is that all?就是這些嗎?
9 . The powder is made from fish, blood and bones.肥粉是由魚、血和骨頭做成的。
10 . When the plants are in the ground I'll put some powder on the soil.白菜在地裡生長時,我得在土壤裡施些肥粉。
11 . Then I'll water them to stop the soil getting too dry.然後,我還要給它們澆水,以免土壤變得太乾燥。
12 . I'll keep the box in the shade so that the sun doesn't burn the little plants.我將把盒子放在陰涼的地方,這樣太陽就不會把幼苗曬枯。
13 . What's that in your hand?你手裡拿的是什麼?
14 . It'll make the cabbage plants grow big and strong.它能使白菜秧長得又大又壯。
15 . What are you doing, Mum?媽媽,你在幹什麼?