走遍美國
The Community Center(社區中心) ACT II
1 . We've got permission to go inside the old building我們已獲 進入那棟老建築物
2 . Oh, sure I do. Hi, Abe.噢,我當然記得。嗨, Abe。
3 . but to help with the paint job.還要幫忙粉刷。
4 . I'll find the people to help do it.我可以找人來幫忙。
5 . Robbie left early this morning to meet Alexandra. Robbie早上很早出去接Alexandra。
6 . When can I do that? I'd be happy to.我什麼時候可以去看 我很樂意做這項工作。
7 . and collect the furniture we need.募集我們需要的傢俱。
8 . with the kinds of programs that fit everyone.擁有適合任何人的各式活動。
9 . We'll have a chance to talk to them later.我們以後還有機會跟他們談。
10 . But we can't do it without talking to the young people.但我們不能在沒有跟年輕人談談的情 下就去做。
11 . Where's your grandson Robbie and his friend Alexandra?你的孫子Robbie和他的朋友Alexandra呢?
12 . I'm surprised they're not here.我奇怪他們怎麼沒來。
13 . Come in, come in. Please, come in.請進, 請進。請進來。
14 . so that we don't have to worry about any structural problems.我們就可以不用擔心任何結構上的問題。
15 . Tomorrow. Yes. We'll meet tomorrow morning, right here.明天。對, 我們明天早晨會面, 就在這兒。
16 . As I said, mostly the building just needs a good cleaning.就像我先前所說的 這棟建築物大部份僅需要好好打掃一下
17 . This place can be developed我們可以拓展這個地方
18 . I'll help too, Mr. Baker.我也要幫忙,Baker先生。
19 . I'll do it. I'll talk to them.我來做, 我去跟他們談一談。
20 . Perhaps they'll show up. In the meantime,也許他們會露面。在這等待期間
21 . Then we have to furnish it.然後我們還得裝潢擺設。
22 . And a good paint job.還需要好好的粉刷。
23 . And programs that don't leave anyone out.而且是些不排拒任何人的活動。
24 . I thought so, too.我也這樣想。
25 . I wonder if you would take a look at the old library我不知道你是否可以看一看舊圖書館
26 . That's backbreaking work and may be too much for us.這可是累人的工作, 我們可能負荷不了。
27 . I could probably tell what it requires to fix it up.我大致能說出修復它需要些什麼。
28 . And tomorrow morning we'll all meet here to discuss the plan?是不是明天早晨我們都聚到這裡來討論整修計劃
29 . Not just to go around the neighborhood asking for furniture,不僅在這社區募傢俱,
30 . I think the building just needs a good cleaning.我想那座建築只需要好好地打掃一下。
31 . That's what I came to ask you to do, Malcolm.這正是我來請你做的, Malcolm。
32 . Weren't they going to be here this morning?他們不是今天早上要來這兒嗎?
33 . I wonder what the problem is.我不知道發生了什麼問題。
34 . I'd really like to.我真的希望幫忙。
35 . and used to play drums with the jazz band on weekends.週末還經常在爵士樂隊中打鼓。
36 . I'd like you to meet my friend Malcolm Stewart.我來為你介紹我的朋友Malcolm Stewart。
37 . I wish Robbie and Alexandra had come to this meeting.我真希望Robbie和Alexandra已經來參加開會。
38 . My pleasure, Malcolm.我也很榮幸, Malcolm。
39 . with one real intergenerational program.用一套真正跨輩份的活動。
40 . If he says he's going to be here, he's here.假如他說他要來這兒 他就一定會來。
41 . We might need you to come through with your friends, Robbie.我們也許需要你們多邀朋友來幫忙, Robbie。
42 . Finding out what they want.得看看他們想要什麼。
43 . They had some ideas about getting the place fixed up.他們對於怎麼樣修復這個地方有些構想。
44 . Hello, Joanne. Nice to meet you.好, Joanne。很高興見到 。
45 . If I could take a look at the place,假如我能看看那個地方的話
46 . It's OK. I'm sure they meant well,沒有關 。我敢說他們有心幫忙
47 . I understand you used to be in the construction business,聽說你過去從事建築業
48 . let me give you some additional thoughts and ideas I have.讓我提出一些另外的想法。
49 . and make sure that it is in good condition確定它狀 良好
50 . And this is Abe Lucas. You must remember Abe.這是Abe Lucas。你一定記得Abe。