高三英語課文
Unit 2 Captain Cook
1 . Live animals? I didn' t know we were going to take live animals with us, Sir.活的動物?我還不知道我們要帶活的動物,先生。
2 . I insist on taking proper food for this expedition. The men often fall ill and suffer fever, so I have decided to take live animals.我堅持認為,這次探險要攜帶合適的食物。水手經常生病發燒,因此我決定帶活的動物。
3 . That's right. We will take 10 pigs, 10 sheep and sixty chickens. The chickens can eat the food that we would otherwise throw away. They will provide us with eggs and meat.沒錯。我們要帶上10頭豬、10隻羊還有60隻雞。雞吃我們的剩飯剩菜。它們為我們提供蛋和肉。
4 . Yes. I suggest taking a lot of vinegar.是的。我建議多帶些醋。
5 . We will use it for cleaning the inside of the ship. If we do this, we shall have less sickness. Please get me 300 litres. I think that will be enough.我們將要用醋清理船艙。如果我們這樣做的話,我們就會少生些病。請給我購買300升。我想這就夠了。
6 . What about vegetables, Sir? They usually go bad as soon as we are at sea.那些蔬菜怎麼辦呢,先生?通常是剛一出海它們就會壞掉的。
7 . Have you decided which boat to take, Sir?先生,您決定用哪只船了嗎?
8 . I have decided to take a lot of cabbage in vinegar.我已決定帶大量的醋泡白菜。
9 . I shall insist that they do from now on. Eating cabbage will keep them healthy.我要他們從現在起就吃(醋泡白菜)。吃白菜會使他們的身體保持健康的。
10 . We will take the Endeavour. It is a good, strong ship, though not very fast. There will be a lot of room below for stores.我們用「奮力號」。它雖然速度不算快,但卻是一隻完好、結實的船。船體下面有很多地方還可以放儲存品。
11 . Is there anything else that you want me to get?您還要我買別的東西嗎?
12 . Why vinegar, Sir, if I may ask?先生,要是我能問的話,您為什麼要帶醋呢?
13 . What stores do you want me to order, Sir?先生,您想要我訂購些什麼儲存品?
14 . I've never heard of that, Sir. Will the men enjoy eating it, Sir?我還從來沒聽說過這樣的事兒,先生。水手們會愛吃嗎,先生?