走遍美國
Career Choices(職業選擇) ACT II
1 . And you can both benefit financially.你們倆都獲得金錢上的利益。
2 . I thought you stayed home with Robbie?我還以為你是跟Robbie待在家裡的
3 . But when Robbie was born,但當Robbie出生後,
4 . I've been meaning to ask you我一直想問
5 . I kissed the top of his dear little head.我吻著他可愛的小頭頂。
6 . I don't know what I would do without you.我真不知道沒有你們我怎麼辦。
7 . when Susan and Richard were babies?當Richard和Susan還很小時?
8 . I have a job, and I have Michelle.我有工作 ,我也有Michelle。
9 . when Molly gave him the injection.Molly給他打針時。
10 . for coming all this way from the city to talk to me about it.從城裡大老遠趕來和我談這件事。
11 . That's what I said.我也是這麼說。
12 . I did both with Richard and Susan,有Richard和Susan時我這樣做,
13 . we want and need.我們盼望而且也需要的。
14 . My job is not an easy one,我的工作是不輕鬆,
15 . what you were thinking about regarding going back to work.是否打算回去工作。
16 . I hope you don't mind希望你不介意
17 . but I really enjoy it.但我確實樂在工作。
18 . Everything I earn helps us towards getting that house我的每一筆進帳都可幫助我們得到那幢房子
19 . Why can't you work at home, Marilyn?為什麼不能在家中工作呢, Marilyn?
20 . My dear little boy just looked up at me as if to say,我親愛的小男孩只是仰頭看著我 ,好像在說,
21 . if that's what you mean.是這個意思吧。
22 . The truth is, I am.事實上, 我的確如此。
23 . Now may I please say hello?現在我可以說聲哈嘍了嗎?
24 . Designing dresses is a career設計時裝是一種職業
25 . I didn't have that when Richard and Susan were born.在Richard和Susan出生時我可沒有人幫忙。
26 . What did you do?那你怎麼辦呢?
27 . I can't wait till he's just a little older.我迫不及待地希望他長大些。
28 . Mama, what are they doing to me? Help!媽媽 ,他們在對我做什麼? 救命呀!
29 . We needed the money.我們當時需要錢。
30 . There are so many things to consider.是有許多事情要考慮。
31 . And you could make your dresses at home.可以在家做衣服。
32 . I miss Max and think about him all week long.我想念Max, 一整個星期都在想他。
33 . I decided to give full-time attention to raising Robbie.我決定全力撫育他。
34 . I don't mind at all.我一點也不介意。
35 . It's not easy, but what is?這不容易, 但什麼事又容易了?
36 . I felt differently at that time.那時我的感覺又不一樣了。
37 . It seems so simple now.現在事情顯得很簡單了。
38 . versus my career as a mother.或是以當個母親為事業。
39 . I came to spend some time with my favorite nephew.我來是為了和我心愛的侄兒相聚一些時間。
40 . and ask her to come by and talk about it.請她過來談談這件事。
41 . For a year or two在一兩年內
42 . and I continued with my career.而我則繼續我的事業。
43 . I think that really answers your questions, Marilyn.我覺得這確實解決了你的問題, Marilyn。
44 . Do your designs at home--here.在家裡設計服裝。
45 . That is exactly what I wanted to talk to you about, Susan.這正是我想要跟你談的, Susan。
46 . And that's what I did.我也這樣做的。
47 . Why does it have to be one or the other?為什麼非得有這個就沒有那個?
48 . I'm going to call Rita Mae at home我會打電話到Rita Mae家
49 . that Grandpa Philip bought for him.祖父Philip給他買的。
50 . I think I did the right thing我覺得我做了一件對的事