新概念英語第二冊
Lesson 40 Food and talk
1 . Her eyes were fixed on her plate and in a short time, she was busy eating.她的眼睛盯著自己的盤子,不一會兒就忙著吃起來了。
2 . Last week at a dinner party, the hostess asked me to sit next to Mrs.Rumbold.在上星期的一次宴會上,女主人安排我坐在蘭伯爾德夫人的身旁。
3 . 'Will you be staying in England?' I asked.「您就呆在英國嗎?」我問。
4 . 'Will you be spending your holidays abroad this year?' I asked.「您今年去國外度假嗎?」我又問。
5 . In despair, I asked her whether she was enjoying her dinner.失望之中我問她飯是否吃得滿意。
6 . 'Young man,' she answered, 'if you ate more and talked less, we would both enjoy our dinner!「年輕人,」她回答說,「如果你多吃點,少說點,我們兩個都會吃得好的!」
7 . 'A new play is coming to The Globe soon,' I said.「一出新劇要來『環球劇場』上演了,」我說,
8 . I tried to make conversation.我試圖找個話題和她聊聊。
9 . Mrs.Rumbold was a large, unsmiling lady in a tight black dress.蘭伯爾德夫人是一位身材高大、表情嚴肅的女人,穿一件緊身的黑衣服。
10 . She did not even look up when I took my seat beside her.當我在她身旁坐下來的時候,她甚至連頭都沒有抬一下。