新概念英語第二冊
Lesson 41 Do you call that a hat
1 . 'I find it beautiful,' I said.「我覺得它好看,」我說,
2 . 'You needn't have said that,' my wife answered.「你沒必要這麼說,」我妻子回答說,
3 . 'Do you call that a hat?' I said to my wife.「你把那個叫帽子嗎?」我對妻子說。
4 . 'And a woman can't have too many hats,' she answered.「女人有多少帽子也不嫌多。」她回答。
5 . We had been in the hat shop for half an hour and my wife was still in front of the mirror.我們在這家帽店已經呆了半個小時了,而我的妻子仍在鏡子面前。
6 . 'We mustn't buy things we don't need,' I remarked suddenly.「我們不應該買我們不需要的東西,」我突然發表意見說,
7 . I regretted saying it almost at once.但馬上又後悔說了這話。
8 . Ten minutes later we walked out of the shop together.10分鐘以後,我們一道走出了商店。
9 . 'A man can never have too many ties.'「男人有多少領帶也不會嫌多。」
10 . I sat down on one of those modern chairs with holes in it and waited.我坐在一個新式的滿是網眼兒的椅子上,等待著。
11 . My wife was wearing a hat that looked like a lighthouse!我妻子戴著一頂像燈塔一樣的帽子。
12 . 'You needn't be so rude about it,' my wife answered as she looked at herself in the mirror.「你說話沒必要這樣不客氣,」我的妻子邊回答邊照著鏡子。
13 . 'I needn't remind you of that terrible tie you bought yesterday.'「我也不必提醒你昨天買的那條糟糕透了的領帶。」