新概念英語第二冊
Lesson 76 April Fools' Day
1 . We're now going back to the studio.'現在我們回到電視演播室。」
2 . This last scene shows you what will happen at the end of the harvest:節目最後向你展示在豐收後發生了什麼事情:
3 . Mrs.Brabante is talking to the manager of the local factory where the crop is processed.布拉班特太太現在正和負責通心粉加工的當地加工廠的經理交談。
4 . Macaroni has been grown in this area for over six hundred years.通心粉在這個地區已經種植了600多年了。
5 . the famous Calabrian macaroni-eating competition! Signor Fratelli, the present champion, has won it every year since 1991.著名的克拉布利亞人吃通心粉大賽!目前的冠軍弗拉特裡先生,自1991年以來,年年獲勝。
6 . tell me that they have been expecting a splendid crop this year and harvesting has begun earlier than usual.告訴我,他們一直期待著今年獲得一個大豐收,收割工作比往年開始要早些。
7 . And that ends our special bulletin for today, Thursday, April lst.今天 -- 4月1日,星期四--的專題新聞節目到此結束。
8 . On the right, you can see Mrs.Brabante herself.在屏幕的右側,您可以看到布拉班特太太本人,
9 . Here you can see two workers who, between them, have just finished cutting three cartloads of golden brown macaroni stalks.這裡您可以看到兩個工人,他們協力割下了3車金黃色的通心粉秸。
10 . 'To end our special news bulletin,' said the voice of the television announcer, 'we're going over to the macaroni fields of Calabria.「作為我們專題新聞節目的結尾,」電視廣播員說,「我們現在到克拉布利亞的通心粉田里。
11 . Two of the leading growers, Giuseppe Moldova and Riccardo Brabante,兩個主要種植者,朱塞皮。莫爾道瓦和裡卡多。布拉班特
12 . The whole village has been working day and night gathering and threshing this year's crop before the September rains.全村的人都日夜奮戰,要趕在9月的雨季之前把今年的莊稼收穫上來,打完場。
13 . She has been helping her husband for thirty years now.她已經幫了她的丈夫30年了。