高二英語課文
Unit 10 At the shop
1 . OK, I'll have a look.好吧,我去看看。
2 . What do you think I should do then?那您認為我該怎麼做呢?
3 . I would like you to change this blouse, or else give me my money back.我想要你換掉這件襯衣,要不就把錢退給我。
4 . We've still got lots of them over there.那邊還有很多呢。
5 . Get him his change! It's easy to say, sir; but look at the bill yourself.給他找錢!先生,說的倒輕巧,您自己來看看這張票子吧。
6 . When I washed it, the colours ran.我洗它時,顏色就褪了。
7 . But we still have a problem.不過我們還是有問題呀。
8 . Did you leave it in water before you washed it?在洗它之前您是不是把它泡在水裡了?
9 . I'm afraid it's the cheapest one we've got.恐怕這一套算是我們這裡最便宜的了。
10 . Why do you think we can't change your note? Of course we can.為什麼你認為我們破不開你的票子呢?當然我們能破開的。
11 . Good morning. Can I help you?早上好!我能幫您什麼忙嗎?
12 . Mmm, it doesn't seem to fit very well.嗯,這套看來不大合身。
13 . I don't know why he's in a tailor's shop. Just look at his clothes!真不懂他為什麼進服裝店。瞧他這身打扮!
14 . Very well, I'll take it.好吧,我就買這套。
15 . No, I didn't do that either. I just washed it in cold water.不,我也沒有那樣做。我就是用冷水洗的。
16 . Of course not. I'm not that foolish.當然不是。我可沒有那麼蠢。
17 . Put down the gentleman's address.把這位先生的地址寫下來。
18 . You can see how it is now. I can't possibly wear it.你可以看看它現在成了什麼樣子了。我不可能穿它了。
19 . (Gets very excited.) To sell such a suit as that to a millionaire!(突然變得激動起來。)竟然把這樣一套衣服賣給一位百萬富翁!
20 . Tod, you will send these things to the gentleman's address.托德,你把這些衣服送到這位先生的住地去。
21 . You can trust us, sir. Let me measure you, sir, for some suits and some shirts too.先生,您可以相信我們。先生,我來給您量一量套裝的尺寸,還有襯衣……。好,請您來看看這些料子。我想您會認為這些料子好得多,更合適得多。
22 . Yes, please. I want to buy a suit.是的。我想買一套衣服。
23 . Look at that now, sir! Perfect the whole thing!您瞧吧,先生,十全十美,全都合適!
24 . There isn't any trouble. I'm just waiting for my change.沒事兒。我只是等著找錢。
25 . I'm afraid I can't do that right now. the manager isn't here.恐怕我現在不能退錢給你。經理不在這裡。
26 . I'm changing my hotel. I'll drop in and leave the new address.我就要換一家旅館了。我會順便再來一趟,把新地址留下來的。
27 . Of course. You may find these rather expensive.當然。不過這些衣服你可能覺得相當貴。
28 . Just a moment and I'll get you your change. (Look at the note.) Goodness me!請等一下,我就給你找錢。(看了看鈔票)哦,我的天哪·
29 . Oh, very well. Then there is nothing to worry about. I apologize. (Hands him the note.)哦,那太好了,沒什麼可犯愁的了。我向你道歉。(把鈔票遞給他)
30 . My friend, you shouldn't judge strangers always by the clothes they wear.朋友,對於陌生人,你不應該老是憑人家的衣著來判斷人。
31 . No matter what he's wearing, Tod, just show him the cheapest.托德,別管他的穿著了,給他最便宜的看看就得了。
32 . Ah, it's just the thing, the very thing!啊,正合適啦!合適極了!
33 . Let me see. Did you wash it in hot water?讓我看看。您是用熱水洗的嗎?
34 . Goodness me! Six zeros! I've never seen anything like this before.天啊!帶六個零的大鈔!我還從來沒有見過這樣大的鈔票。
35 . That may be true, but you sold me a blouse that I can't use any more.也許真是這樣,但這是你賣給我的,現在不能穿了啊。
36 . The trousers are all right; now the jacket; aha, right again!褲子也合身;再穿上這件上衣;啊哈,又很合適!
37 . They will be ready the day after tomorrow.這批衣服後天就能做好。
38 . You can depend on us, sir.先生,您可以信賴我們。
39 . I don't have any small notes on me.我身邊沒有小鈔票。
40 . Why can't you do something about it? Can you change it?幹嗎你不想點辦法呢?你能換掉它嗎?
41 . But wait till you see what we'll make for you to your own measure.不過,您等著,瞧瞧我們給您定做出來的衣服是什麼樣子的吧。
42 . Come, come. Get him his change, Tod.得了,得了,給他找錢吧,托德。
43 . I'm quite able to pay for this suit.這套衣服我是完全能夠買得起的。
44 . Could you wait a few days for the money?錢你能不能稍等幾天?
45 . Is anything the matter?怎麼回事呀?
46 . I insist that you give me my money back.我要求你把錢退給我。
47 . Yes. I bought this blouse here last week, but there seems to be something wrong with it.是的。上星期我在這裡買了一件襯衣,但似乎有點毛病。
48 . Please get those things off, sir, and throw them into the fire.請把您身上那些東西脫下來吧,先生,把它們仍到火裡去。
49 . This material looks nice. And so does this one.這種料子看來不錯,這個也很好。
50 . One moement let me show you out, sir. Good day, sir, good day.先生,請稍等一會我送您出去。再見,先生,再見。