走遍美國
Quality Time(黃金時間) ACT I
1 . I found another mistake.我又發現一個錯誤。
2 . I feel bad我覺得很不安
3 . I came home a little while ago.我也是剛剛到家。
4 . but there must be a way但總該有一個辦法
5 . Did you have dinner, Robbie?你吃晚餐了嗎, Robbie?
6 . There are lots of places to go,有很多地方要去,
7 . We're in here, Dad.我們在裡面, 爸爸。
8 . She went to a school-board meeting.她去參加聯合校董會的會議。
9 . So was my night.晚上也還不錯。
10 . You and Mom haven't had dinner together with us你和媽媽沒有和我們一起吃晚餐
11 . She sure keeps busy.她真的是忙個不停。
12 . lots of things to do.許多事情要做。
13 . It's important to her.這對她來說很重要。
14 . or Mom is at a committee meeting.就是媽媽參加小組會議。
15 . I think I've had enough of that sandwich.我想我已經吃夠了三明治。
16 . Either I'm at the hospital doing paperwork,不是我在醫院辦公事,
17 . It's not good to eat before going to bed.在上床前吃太多不好。
18 . You really have been working too hard.你們確實太忙了。
19 . She can't sit around and do nothing.她總不能閒坐著無所事事呀。
20 . of getting them to spend more time together.能讓他們有更多時間相處。
21 . I'm really concerned about them,我真的為他們擔心,
22 . What do you propose to do about it?那你建議要怎麼辦?
23 . Aren't you exhausted?你不會精疲力盡嗎?
24 . Mmm. I'm starving.嗯, 我餓壞了。
25 . I guess you're right.我想你說得對。
26 . I don't have time to be exhausted.我沒有時間去精疲力盡。
27 . They hardly ever see each other.他們幾乎彼此不碰頭。
28 . I'll be off to bed myself in a minute.我再過一會也要上床睡覺了。
29 . She went to a school-board meeting.她去參加聯合校董會會議了。
30 . I'm worried about you and Mom.我很擔心你和媽媽。
31 . There's a note for you on the refrigerator.冰箱上有她留給你的字條。
32 . in almost a full week.差不多有一整個星期了。
33 . almost every night this week, Dad.幾乎這個星期的每天晚上都如此, 爸爸。
34 . About Mom and Dad.爸爸和媽媽。
35 . Haven't you finished balancing that checkbook?你還沒有核對完支票簿帳目嗎?
36 . about us not having dinner with the family,對於我們無法與全家人共進晚餐一事
37 . Anybody home?有人在家嗎?
38 . I wish I had her energy.我希望我有她那樣的精力。
39 . You have that look in your eye.你看起來好像有了主意似的。
40 . and a good night's sleep.睡一個好覺。
41 . You didn't finish it.你沒有吃完它。
42 . I frankly don't know what to do about it.我真不知道該怎麼解決。
43 . You've been working late你一直工作到很晚
44 . Quality time.高品質時光。
45 . A cookie can't hurt, though.但一片小甜餅不要緊。
46 . and Mom has all these committees she's on.媽媽又有那麼多的小組會議要開。
47 . I'm heading off for bed我先去睡覺了
48 . but our schedules are so different.但我們的工作時間實在差太多了。
49 . Dad often works late,爸爸老是工作到很晚,
50 . Mike and I had a hamburger at the diner. Mike和我在火車廂餐廳那裡吃了漢堡。