走遍美國
Quality Time(黃金時間) ACT II
1 . What is it?是什麼主意?
2 . Not a bad idea, Robbie.蠻好的主意, Robbie。
3 . I'm going to talk to Daddy about it right now.我現在就去跟爸爸談談這件事。
4 . and reading to them.為他們朗讀。
5 . I think you ought to我覺得,你們應該
6 . in the public school在公立學校中
7 . I don't get it.我不懂你的話。
8 . You work hard on all your committees,而你總是在各種委員會裡忙,
9 . I've been trying我一直努力
10 . taking a vacation together--with the family.要一起渡個假, 全家一起。
11 . to work with Dad towards solving that problem?和爸爸一起來解決這個問題怎麼樣?
12 . By doing that, it will encourage reading.這樣做能鼓勵閱讀。
13 . You haven't been around much lately.最近你在家的時候不多。
14 . with the school-board committee.與聯合校董會有關。
15 . Like setting up a regular weekly reading program.譬如說開辦一項每週一次的定期閱讀計劃。
16 . take a vacation away from the family--alone.離開家人而單獨在一起渡個假。
17 . but our schedules won't allow it.但我們的工作時間表不允許這樣。
18 . You are a very smart young man, Robbie.你是個絕頂聰明的年輕人, Robbie。
19 . Well, how would it be if you took some time好, 那你花些時間
20 . So that's it.原來是這件事。
21 . and I promise you I won't forget.我向你保證, 我不會忘的。
22 . Do you care to talk about them?你想談談它們嗎?
23 . You are one fantastic mom,是一位好母親。
24 . but ... but I've been noticing但……但我注意到
25 . and how important it is for them to be paid attention to?以及他們何等需要受人關懷吧?
26 . What's that?什麼樣的工作?
27 . that will bring Dad and you使你和爸爸
28 . to read to the students--their own children, really.共同為學生們, 其實就是他們自己的孩子, 朗讀
29 . I thought you were proud of the work I do.我還以為你為我所做的工作感到驕傲。
30 . It would be wonderful,那倒是很美妙,
31 . for reading to the kids in the hospital.為住院的孩子朗讀。
32 . together in a more scheduled way.能更定時在一起。
33 . that Dad and you can spend more time together.能使你和爸爸有更多的時間在一起。
34 . It's a real problem, Robbie.這確實是個問題 Robbie。
35 . you spend with Dad and me ... and the family.你和父親, 我及全家人共度的。
36 . It is a great idea,這是個極好的主意。
37 . going to the children's ward once or twice a week每星期就去小兒科病房一、兩次
38 . If you have something you want to talk about,假如你有什麼事情要談,
39 . that will bring parents and teachers together once a week讓家長們及教師每星期一次
40 . I'm always prepared to listen.我總是準備聽的。
41 . You and Dad are like ships that pass in the night.你和爸爸就像在夜晚交錯而過的船一樣。
42 . Kind of a second honeymoon.類似二度蜜月的假期。
43 . But Dad was so exhausted when he came home from work.但爸爸工作回來時已經累得不得了了。
44 . OK, let's talk.好, 讓我們談談。
45 . We'll do it!我們就來進行吧!
46 . because the doctors and nurses are so busy?因為醫生和護士們都非常忙?
47 . how little quality time高品質時光太少了
48 . I am, Mom.我確實感到驕傲, 媽媽。
49 . What are you doing up this late?這麼晚你不睡在幹什麼?
50 . I think I'll wait until tomorrow.我想我就等明天再談。