走遍美國
The Community Center(社區中心) ACT III
1 . And we'll also need some ladders而且我們還需要一些梯子
2 . He's the editor of the Riverdale paper.他是Riverdale報的編輯。
3 . to transform it into a new community center.將它轉變成一個新的社區中心。
4 . when she was running for the school board.在媽媽競選聯合校董會席次時。
5 . And it needs your contributions of furniture,而且也需要你捐獻傢俱,
6 . From what Robbie and Alexandra have told me,從Robbie和Alexandra告訴我的情況, 看來
7 . At the Stewart family home on Linden Street yesterday,昨天在Linden街Stewart 的家中,
8 . These items shouldn't be difficult to come by這些東西應該是不難弄到的,
9 . to open the building for us on the next four weekends.在往後四個週末開放那座建築。
10 . And we brought someone along who can help.而且我們帶來了能幫助我們的人。
11 . to plan the refurnishing of the old library計劃重新整修老圖書館
12 . And have you had an engineer come in to do an inspection?你們可有一個工程師來做過檢查嗎?
13 . can be picked up at the Riverdale Press offices.可以到Riverdale Press各辦事處索取。
14 . and some brushes and some paint.刷子和油漆。
15 . OK. Now, I have ... first ... a couple of questions here.好, 現在,我有……第一……幾個問題。
16 . and where do they report?他們去哪兒報到?
17 . He wrote some nice articles on Mom他寫了一些介紹媽媽的好文章
18 . Let me introduce you, Mr. Maxwell.讓我給你介紹一下, Maxwell先生。
19 . Are there any special requirements that I should list in the paper?有什麼特別的需求要我列在報紙上的?
20 . who's responsible for this meeting,他是這個會議的負責人
21 . Eight straight-back chairs. Thirty folding chairs.八張直背椅。三十張折摺椅。
22 . Here is a copy of all the things we need to start with.這是我們一開始就需要的所有東西的清單。
23 . You could call it a community unity plan.你可以稱它為社區團結計劃。
24 . what you need to fix up the old library.你們修復舊圖書館所需要的東西。
25 . Hi, everyone. Sorry I'm late.嗨, 各位好。很抱歉我遲到了。
26 . To help scrub the building interior clean.幫忙把建築的內部擦洗干 。
27 . What you're saying is, in order for this center to succeed,你剛才所說的意思是為了使中心能成功,
28 . It needs your time, and it needs your energy.它需要你的時間 需要你的精力。
29 . a group of caring Riverdale citizens gathered一群熱心公益的Riverdale居民聚集在一起
30 . and we know you will all work together我們相信各位會共同出力
31 . from the various generations of future users.從不同輩份的未來使用者中。
32 . The new plan needs you.這項新計劃需要你的協助。
33 . And without their energy and stamina,沒有他們的體力和耐力,
34 . When do you need the volunteers,你們什麼時候需要義工
35 . I've got it. Now give me some information about我知道了。現在告訴我
36 . Hope to be a bigger help on the new community-center project.希望能在新社區中心這件事上提供更大的幫助。
37 . Yes, I remember. You were a great help.是的, 我記得。你幫了個大忙。
38 . I've got the council to agree我已說服議會同意
39 . this community can do anything to benefit its citizens,這個社區可做任何造福居民的事情,
40 . Oh, here. On the ground floor we have the reception area ...噢 看這個。在樓下 我們會有一個接待區……
41 . A list of these items and a volunteer form這些物品的清單和義工申請表格
42 . Let's go. What are your questions?我們就進行吧。你想問哪些問題?
43 . how you see the building being used.你們計劃如何使用這棟建築。
44 . towards refurnishing the old library去重新整修老圖書館
45 . who used to run the drugstore in town.他過去在鎮上經營藥房。
46 . You remember Charles Maxwell, Grandpa?你記得Charles Maxwell嗎, 爺爺?
47 . was tabled because of lack of funds.因為缺乏經費被無限期地擱置。
48 . And you also need bodies to do repainting?你們也需要人手來重新粉刷嗎?
49 . you people are making one big story.你們正在製造一件大新聞。
50 . How about furnishings?傢俱擺設怎麼辦?