走遍美國
The Community Center(社區中心) ACT I
1 . In town. At the hardware store.在鎮上。在五金行裡。
2 . You graduated from engineering school.你是從工學院畢業的。
3 . Stay ... stay.再待一會兒……再一會兒。
4 . It is. Come on out to the patio.的確如此。請到院子裡來吧。
5 . I told you. He'll use any excuse to avoid math.我說嘛 ,他就是要找各種藉口來逃避數學。
6 . Thanks. Nice to meet you ... again.謝謝。很高興又……見到你。
7 . Is it that serious a problem, Grandpa?這個問題有那麼重要嗎,爺爺?
8 . Sit down, Robbie. Let's get to work.坐下來 ,Robbie, 讓我們開始做功課吧。
9 . Nice to meet you, Mr. Baker.很高興見到你, Baker先生。
10 . Did you read the story in the paper, Malcolm?你看到報紙上的新聞了嗎 ,Malcolm?
11 . It's too noisy for some older people like Nat.它對於像Nat這樣的老人來說太吵了。
12 . This is Alexandra Pappas, and this is my grandson Robbie,這是Alexandra Pappas ,這是我孫子Robbie
13 . We're just having some cola我們只是先喝點可樂
14 . and for the furniture needed,和購買必需家俱,
15 . Don't let me interrupt you.別讓我打攪你們。
16 . Nat's not as lucky as I am, Robbie.Nat不像我這樣幸運, Robbie。
17 . Don't let us keep you from your math tutoring, Robbie.別讓我們妨礙你的數學家教, Robbie。
18 . for the repainting of the interior of the building用來重新粉刷內部
19 . the plans for the community center這項修建社區中心的計劃
20 . You think I can just skip it now and get to it at college?你想我現在略過數學, 等到上了大學再學, 可以嗎?
21 . I'd like you to meet my friend Nat Baker.我來向你們介紹我的朋友Nat Baker。
22 . For some reason, I couldn't get a handle on it.因為某些原因, 我就是開不了竅。
23 . I really appreciate you coming over to help me with my math.我真的很感謝你過來幫我補習數學。
24 . Is something the matter, Grandpa?怎麼了,爺爺?
25 . I thought that was Nat Baker who rang the front doorbell.我還以為是Nat Baker 按大門門鈴呢。
26 . He'll do anything to avoid getting down to math lessons,他老是設法想逃避數學,
27 . She's coming over this morning to help me with my math.她今天早晨要過來幫我補習數學。
28 . Cola coming up.可樂馬上就來了。
29 . You're so good in all your other subjects.你別的功課都那樣好。
30 . He's coming over to talk about it.他就是要來談這個問題。
31 . What's the problem?是什麼問題?
32 . It's a serious matter for a lot of us.對我們許多人來說這可是個嚴重的問題。
33 . I remember now. Right. Hi.我現在想起來了。對了。嗨。
34 . was supposed to be made into a community center原計劃改成一個社區交誼中心
35 . My final exam is next Tuesday.期終考就在下週二。
36 . That's why the new community center is a good idea.這就是為什麼說新的社區中心是個好主意。
37 . Then there's hope for Robbie.看來Robbie 還有希望。
38 . Then, in college, I became good at it.然後, 在大學, 我變得很精於數學。
39 . I wasn't good at it, and I didn't like studying it.我不精於此道, 也不愛去學它。
40 . why you have so many problems with math.為什麼你在數學方面有那麼多問題。
41 . But you had to be good at math.但是你數學一定很好。
42 . You'll never get to college to find out, Robbie,你根本就進不了大學去探究這個問題的答案 ,Robbie,
43 . I'd love some cola, please.請給我可樂。
44 . The editorial in this paper has my friend Nat Baker real upset.這張報紙上的社論著實令我的朋友Nat Baker不高興。
45 . The old library building on Chestnut Street,Chestnut街老圖書館,
46 . It's hard for some older people to take all that noise.一些老年人沒辦法忍受那些噪音。
47 . to be with people--people his own age.和別人交往像他那般年紀的人。
48 . Ah! I'll read it to you.啊! 我來讀給你聽聽。
49 . have been postponed indefinitely.被迫無限期延緩。"
50 . Part of the building for older people,建築物中的一部分給老年人用,