新概念英語第二冊
Lesson 50 Taken for a ride
1 . 'You'll have to get off here,' the conductor said.「您得在這裡下車,」售票員說,
2 . I love travelling in the country, but I don't like losing my way.我喜歡在鄉間旅行,但卻不願意迷路。
3 . 'Well, in that case, I prefer to stay on the bus,' I answered.「好吧,既然如此,我還是留在車上吧。」我回答說。
4 . I sat in the front of the bus to get a good view of the countryside.我坐在汽車的前部,以便飽覽農村風光。
5 . Looking round, I realized with a shock that I was the only passenger left on the bus.我環視了一下身旁,驚奇地發現車裡就只剩我一個乘客了。
6 . 'Oh dear,' said the conductor suddenly.「哎呀,」售票員突然說,
7 . After some time, the bus stopped.過了一些時候,車停了。
8 . 'It doesn't matter,' I said.'I'll get off here.'「沒關係,」我說,「我就在這兒下吧。」
9 . 'I'll tell you where to get off.' answered the conductor.「我來告訴您在哪兒下車,」售票員回答說。
10 . 'This is as far as we go.'「我們的車就到此為止了。」
11 . 'Is this Woodford Green?' I asked.「這裡是伍德福德草地嗎?」我問道。
12 . 'I'm going to Woodford Green,' I said to the conductor as I got on the bus, 'but I don't know where it is.'「我要去伍德福德草地,」我一上車就對售票員說,「但我不知道它在那兒。」
13 . 'I forgot to put you off.'「我忘了讓您下車了。」
14 . I went on an excursion recently, but my trip took me longer than I expected.最近我作了一次短途旅行,但這次旅行所花費的時間比我預計的要長。
15 . 'We're going back now,' said the conductor.「我們現在要返回去,」售票員說。