新概念英語第二冊
Lesson 68 Persistent
1 . You're not busy doing anything, are you?'你不忙,是嗎?」
2 . I never enjoy meeting Nigel Dykes.我就怕遇到奈傑爾。戴克斯。
3 . He never has anything to do.他從來都是無事可做,
4 . 'Then I'll come with you,' he answered.'There's always plenty to read in the waiting room!「那我也跟你去,候診室裡總有很多東西可供閱讀!」他回答。
5 . 'Not at all,' I lied, 'but I'm going to the dentist.'「沒關係,但我準備去牙醫那裡。」我說了個謊。
6 . I had to think of a way of preventing him from following me around all morning.我得想辦法不讓他整個上午纏著我。
7 . It was no use pretending that I had not seen him, so I waved to him.若再裝作沒看見他已是沒有用了,我只好向他招手。
8 . 'Would you mind my coming with you?' he asked, before I had finished speaking.「我跟你一道去行嗎?」沒等我說完話他就問道。
9 . 'I was just wondering how to spend the morning -- until I saw you.「我正不知道怎麼消磨這一上午呢,正好見到好。
10 . 'Hi, Elizabeth,' Nigel answered.「你好,伊麗莎白,」奈傑爾回答說,
11 . 'Hello, Nigel,' I said.'Fancy meeting you here!'「你好,奈傑爾,想不到在這兒見到你。」我說。
12 . 'No, not at all,' I answered.'I'm going to. '「不,不忙,我打算去。。。。。。」我回答。
13 . No matter how busy you are, he always insists on coming with you.不管你多忙,他總是堅持要跟你去。
14 . I crossed the street to avoid meeting him, but he saw me and came running towards me.我穿過馬路以便避開他,但他看到我並朝我跑過來。