新概念英語第二冊
Lesson 69 But not murder
1 . I was being tested for a driving licence for the third time.我第3次接受駕駛執照考試。
2 . Sure that I had passed, I was almost beginning to enjoy my test.確信我已通過考試,所以我幾乎開始喜歡起這次考試。
3 . ' I continued driving and after some time,the examiner tapped loudly,」我繼續往前開著。過了一會兒,主考人砰砰地敲了起來。
4 . I suddenly pressed the brake pedal and we were both thrown forward.我突然用力踩緊剎車踏板,結果我倆的身體都向前衝去。
5 . I had been asked to drive in heavy traffic and had done so successfully.按照要求在車輛擁擠的路上駕駛,我圓滿地完成了。
6 . The examiner must have been pleased with my performance, for he smiled and said.'Just one more thing, Mr.Eames.「埃姆斯先生,只剩1項了。
7 . After having been instructed to drive out of town, I began to acquire confidence.在接到把車開出城的指令後,我開始有了信心。
8 . Though the sound could be heard clearly, it took me a long time to react.雖然聲音聽得很清楚,但我過了好一會兒才作出反應。
9 . Let us suppose that a child suddenly crosses the road in front of you.讓我們假設一個小孩子突然在你前面穿過馬路。
10 . The examiner looked at me sadly.主考人傷心地看著我。
11 . 'Mr.Eames,' he said, in a mournful voice, 'you have just killed that child!'「埃姆斯先生,」他以悲傷的聲調說,「你剛剛把那個小孩壓死了!」
12 . As soon as I tap on the window, you must stop within five feet.我一敲車窗,你必須把車停在5英尺之內。