新概念英語第二冊
Lesson 74 Out of the limelight
1 . But as they soon discovered, disguises can sometimes be too perfect.但他們很快就發覺,化裝的效果有時過分完美了。
2 . 'Look, sheriff,' said Rockwall,「好了,好了,司法官,」羅克沃爾說,
3 . 'No newspaper men, no film fans! Why don't we come more often?'米爾斯表示同意,「沒有記者,沒有影迷!我們為什麼不經常來這裡呢?」
4 . Now you get out of here fast!'格利姆。現在你們趕快滾吧!」
5 . 'don't be too hard on us.I'm Rockwall Slinger and this is Merlin Greeves.'「別使我們難堪。我是羅克沃爾。斯林格,這位是默林。格裡夫斯。」
6 . 'This is a wonderful place for a picnic,' said Gloria Gleam.「在這個地方野餐簡直太妙了,」格格利亞。格利姆說。
7 . 'Oh, is it?' said the sheriff with a sneer.'Well, I'm Brinksley Meers, and my other name is Gloria Gleam.「噢,是嗎?」那位司法長官冷笑一聲說道,「好,我就是布林克斯利。米爾斯。我還有一個名字叫格格利亞。
8 . An ancient bus stopped by a dry river bed and a party of famous actors and actresses got off.一輛古舊的汽車停在一條乾涸的河床邊,一群著名男女演員下了車。
9 . 'It couldn't be better, Gloria,' Brinksley Meers agreed.「是再好不過的了,格格利亞。」布林克斯利。
10 . Meanwhile, two other actors, Rockwall Slinger and Merlin Greeves, had carried two large food baskets to a shady spot under some trees.「此時,另外兩位演員,羅克沃爾。斯林格和默林。格裡夫斯,已經把兩個大食品籃子提到了一片樹蔭下。
11 . Do you see that notice? It says No Camping -- in case you can't read!'你們看到那個佈告牌了嗎?上面寫著『禁止野營』--除非你們不識字!」
12 . 'Now you get out of here, all of you!' he shouted.「你們都從這裡走開,全都走開!」他大叫著,
13 . 'I'm sheriff here.「我是這裡的司法長官。
14 . Dressed in dark glasses and old clothes, they had taken special precautions so that no one should recognize them.他們戴著墨鏡,穿著舊衣裳,特別小心以防別人認出他們。
15 . He looked very angry.他看上去非常氣憤。
16 . When they had all made themselves comfortable, a stranger appeared.當他們都已安排舒適時,一個陌生人出現了。