走遍美國
It's Up to You(選校風雲) ACT III
1 . No. But I have to.沒有 ,但有此必要。
2 . so we could talk.好跟你談談。
3 . Never know what?說不定什麼?
4 . Something that might be surprising to you.一件也許會讓你吃驚的事。
5 . and this is an important decision we have to make.這又是我們必須做的一個重大決定。
6 . Mike and I had a hamburger this afternoon, and we talked.今天下午 Mike和我一起吃漢堡, 一起討論。
7 . and one of them is Columbia.其中一所是Columbia大學。
8 . And your friends are planning to go to Columbia?而且你的朋友們也準備上Columbia大學 ,對嗎?
9 . You know, when I was your age,要知道 ,當我像你這麼大的時候,
10 . I'm just not sure about what I want to do.我不知道該讀什麼?
11 . Yes, but I also want to apply to several other colleges.是的 ,但我還想申請幾所其他的大學。
12 . but I knew engineering was not for me.但我知道工程對我不合適。
13 . Well, I've thought a lot about which college,嗯, 我為了上哪一所大學想了很多,
14 . But I might not.但也許不去。
15 . I just want to be able to make my own decision.我只想能夠自己決定。
16 . I also applied to NYU.我還申請了紐約大學。
17 . you had some doubts about wanting to go to Michigan.你對上Michigan大學有些疑慮。
18 . I thought you wanted to go to Columbia.我還以為你只想上Columbia大學。
19 . And if I think about it long enough, you never know ...如果我一直考慮下去的話 ,說不定……
20 . But?那還有什麼事?
21 . Have you discussed it with your parents?你和父母商量過了嗎?
22 . Let me tell you something, Robbie.讓我告訴你一件事 ,Robbie。
23 . Columbia's a terrific school.Columbia,是一所很棒的學校。
24 . It's complicated.原因很複雜。
25 . My father would like me to go there.我爸爸希望我去那兒。
26 . That's only part of it.這只是一部分原因。
27 . He's a nice man.他是個好人。
28 . You're a real Stewart!你真是我們Stewart家的人!
29 . I'm just happy that we're able to talk about it.我很高興我們能夠一起商討這件事。
30 . OK. Let's talk.好, 我們談談吧。
31 . and his interview was very successful.他的面談很成功。
32 . The interview was fine.面談得很好。
33 . First, they have an excellent School of Journalism.首先 ,那兒有個很優秀的新聞研究所。
34 . What did you tell Grandpa?那你是如何對爺爺說的呢?
35 . But I figure that with my grades and with my personality,但我想 ,憑我的成績和我的品行,
36 . Hi, Dad. Everything's fine.嗨 ,爸爸。一切都好。
37 . And I've been thinking about it a lot lately.最近我一直就此事想了很多。
38 . Then you're not upset那麼 ,你沒有感到不快
39 . Do? I don't know.讀什麼 ?我不知道。
40 . Indecision. Indecision.下不了決心, 下不了決心。
41 . What's your problem, Mike?你現在問題在哪 ,Mike?
42 . You can follow in your father's footsteps.你可以跟隨你父親的足跡。
43 . Ah! I'd like to follow in my own footsteps, Mike.噢 ,我想走自己的路 ,Mike。
44 . to be a reporter--a newspaperman.將來當一名記者 一個新聞從業人員。
45 . He and my Grandpa both went there.他和我爺爺都曾在那兒讀書。
46 . I've been thinking.我一直在考慮。
47 . Well, I might want to go to Columbia.嗯, 我也許去Columbia大學。
48 . with Admissions at Columbia University.與Columbia大學的招生人員。
49 . You do a pretty good job on the Riverdale High School paper.你在Riverdale高中校刊做得有聲有色。
50 . Well, we talked about a lot of things.嗯 ,我們談了很多。