走遍美國
It's Up to You(選校風雲) ACT II
1 . I came to that conclusion.我的結論也是這樣。
2 . Yes, this is my youngest son Robbie.是的 這是我的小兒子Robbie。
3 . I knew you'd realize我知道你會體會到
4 . Not until recently.最近才考慮到。
5 . Good luck, Son.祝你好運 ,孩子。
6 . All kinds--sports, editorials, theater reviews.各種各樣的, 體育, 社論, 劇評。
7 . That's very wise, Robbie.這是很明智的 ,Robbie。
8 . Yes, sir.帶來了 ,先生。
9 . I see under activities that我注意到在 活動 項目中提到
10 . Thanks for hearing me out. And ...謝謝你聽我的意見, 而且……
11 . Well, are you as good a tennis player as your dad?嗯 ,你是否像爸爸那樣是一名優秀的網球選手呢?
12 . You seem to have some reservations.看起來你還有些猶豫。
13 . And thanks for being such an understanding father.而且謝謝你是這樣一位善於瞭解我的父親。
14 . What kinds of articles have you written?你寫過一些什麼樣的文章?
15 . I have interviews until noon,我從現在到中午, 有一系列的面談,
16 . I can't wait to see my old pal Charley Rafer.我真想早點見到老朋友Charley Rafer。
17 . you've been writing for the school paper.你為校刊寫文章。
18 . Yes, I know that.是的 ,我知道。
19 . Oh, working too hard.噢 ,工作太累人了。
20 . She's still giving the toughest English history exams她仍用最艱深的英國史試題考學生
21 . Charley Rafer--you look as young as ever. Charley Rafer你還像當年那樣年輕。
22 . Frankly, neither was I.坦白的說 ,我當年也不好。
23 . Nice talking to you, sir.我也很高興與您交談 ,先生。
24 . Did you bring your transcript from high school?你把高中的成績單帶來了嗎?
25 . Sorry, Robbie. Sorry to be late this morning,對不起, Robbie, 對不起 ,今天早上遲了點,
26 . Now let's head off for the city and the university club.現在讓我們進城去, 到大學俱樂部。
27 . The most important thing is for you to decide your own future.最重要的是你要自己決定自己的未來。
28 . Well, thank you, Robbie. Thank you.嗯 ,謝謝你 ,Robbie。 謝謝你。
29 . so why don't we get right to work?我們現在就開始工作, 好嗎?
30 . Michigan has a fine School of Journalism. Michigan大學有一個很好的新聞學院。
31 . but, well, we've still got some time for a cup of coffee.不過, 我們還有喝杯咖啡的時間。
32 . One piece of advice.給你一句忠告。
33 . It's been very nice talking to you.很高興與你交談。
34 . I'll wait outside.我到外面等。
35 . that this interview could be an important experience for you.這次面談是一次很好的經驗。
36 . Nice to meet you, Dean Rafer.很高興見到你, Rafer主任。
37 . I'd love to, Philip, but I'm afraid I can't.我很想, Philip ,但是恐怕不行。
38 . and I have interviews with twenty-six applicants.而要面談的申請人有二十六位。
39 . one of the best tennis players on the Michigan team--當年Michigan球隊最好的網球選手--
40 . So you thought about it, huh?你考慮過了嗎?
41 . Good-bye, Robbie. Good luck.再見 ,Robbie ,祝你好運。
42 . No, I'm not very good at it.不 ,我網球不行。
43 . Well, how're you been, Philip?嗯 ,這些年來怎麼樣, Philip?
44 . Yes, I have, Dad.是的, 我考慮了, 爸爸。
45 . I'm a little uncertain.我有點猶豫不決。
46 . Charley was the star of the team.Charley,是當時隊裡的明星。
47 . You name it, I've written it.你說得出的 ,我都寫過。
48 . Can you have lunch with us later?你能與我們一起共進午餐嗎?
49 . Yeah. Thanks.湊數的, 謝謝你。
50 . in the school and loving every minute of it.在學校 ,且樂此不疲, 時時如此。