高三英語課文
Unit 8 A person of great determination
1 . You just don't consider anyone but yourself.你除了自己外從不為別人考慮。
2 . Yes, I'm sorry about that. I think we just had a misunderstanding about the plan, but I was very disappointed not to be going out. So I got angry and started shouting at you.是的,那件事我很抱歉。我想我們只是對於外出計劃有誤解罷了,不過沒能外出我很失望。所以我就生氣了,開始衝你大喊大叫。
3 . I'm sorry about that.這件事我很報歉。
4 . I'm sorry to have done that. I didn't mean to be so rude.我為那樣做感到抱歉。我並不想那樣粗魯的。
5 . Kate, I'm sorry about that argument. I apologize for being so angry with you.凱特,那次爭吵我很抱歉。我為跟你發火向你道歉。
6 . You certainly did!你吼得好凶呀!
7 . See you next Friday.下星期五見。
8 . You were very angry!你火氣真大!
9 . No, we didn't fix anything. We thought we might go out, but we said we'd check with each other first. And now I'm telling you I can't manage this Friday. Another time, possibly, but not Friday.不,我們沒有決定任何事情。我們認為我們可能出去,但我們說好要先互相通通氣的。我正要告訴你我星期五沒辦法(出來)。換個時間還有可能,但不要在星期五。
10 . You don't keep your word. Why didn't you tell me then? I've been looking forward to it. How can you change your mind at last minute?你不守信用。為什麼那時不告訴我呢?我一直都盼望著它呢。你怎麼能在最後時刻改變主意呢?
11 . But you said you'd come out to dinner with me. We fixed it.但你說過你願意出來和我共進晚餐的。我們已經決定了的。
12 . I feel rather ashamed.我感到很不好意思。
13 . Next Friday? Why, what's happening? I'm going away for the weekend.下星期五?嗨,到底有什麼事情?我要外出度週末。
14 . That's not true. I don't want to argue about it any more. Anyhow, I'll see you next week.不是這樣的。我不想為這件事再和你爭吵。無論如何,我下星期會見你的。
15 . Thanks, I'd like that.謝謝,我非常樂意。
16 . There's no need for that. We'll have dinner another time.不必為那件事慚愧。我們改個時間再共進晚餐吧。