社交英語
談別人
1 . Jack's genius at business.傑克是個經商的天才。
2 . Well, wouldn't you know it?嘿,你想知道這麼件事嗎?
3 . You don't know Jack Wang? You're hiking.你不認識傑克王?看玩笑吧?
4 . Well, for one thing, he's my sister's boyfriend. Ann talks about Jack all the time.首先,他是我妹妹的男朋友。安整天就是傑克長傑克短的。
5 . With all that money, she ought to have people working for her.有她這麼多錢,她應該僱人替她工作才對。
6 . Hi Leo, do you know Jack Wang?嗨,利奧,你知道傑克王嗎?
7 . What's so special about him?他有什麼特別的呢?
8 . She wanted something to do, I guess.我猜想她想找點事做吧。
9 . Now he's got his own trading company. Ann told me he made four million dollars last year.現在他已有自己的貿易公司。安告訴我他去年賺了400萬美元。
10 . When he came to the States five years ago, he had only forty dollars in his pocket.五年前他來美國時,口袋裡只有40美元。
11 . According to the newspaper, Sally has quit her job.報上說莎裡辭職不幹了。
12 . Why was she working anyway? She's rich.真弄不懂她當初為什麼要工作。她是有錢人呀。
13 . He's a very famous person in Chinatown. He's also from your home city, Peking.他在唐人街大名鼎鼎,他也是從你的家鄉北京來的。
14 . Know what? Aren't you going to tell me?什麼事?你不打算告訴我嗎?
15 . Jack Wang? No, I don't think I know him.傑克王?我想我不認識。
16 . Another rags-to-riches success story. Now you can borrow money from him instead of me.又一個白手起家,發財致富的成功人物。以後你可以向他借錢,不用找我了。