高三英語課文
Unit 11 The merchant of venice
1 . Take your pound of flesh! I declare the court allows it and the law gives it to you.割走你要的那一磅肉嗎!我宣佈法庭許可你(這樣做),法律(把它)判給你。
2 . Shylock must promise to leave the money upon his death to his daughter and her husband.夏洛克必須答應在他死後把這筆財產留給他的女兒和女婿。
3 . If you let one drop of his blood fall, you will lose all your land and all your money.要是你讓他身上的血流下一滴,你將失去你所有的土地和財產。
4 . They are my only comfort. When you take those away from me, you also take my life.它們是我唯一的安慰。你們沒收了我的財物,也就是要了我的命。
5 . I offer ten times the money that Antonio has borrowed.我願出十倍於安東尼奧的借款。
6 . Antonio is my enemy, and I hate him.安東尼奧是我的敵人,我恨他。
7 . We cannot change a law.我們不能變更法律。
8 . Do you still ask for this pound of flesh?你還要求得到這一磅肉嗎?
9 . Don't wait any longer. Pass judgement on me and give Shylock what he wants.別再等待了。對我宣判吧,把夏洛克想要得到的東西給他。
10 . Oh, learned judge! Oh, wise young man!噢,博學的法官!噢,聰明的年輕人!
11 . Wait, Shylock. The law of Venice says that if anyone tries to kill or murder any citizen of Venice, everything that he owns shall be taken away from him.等一等,夏洛克。威尼斯的法律規定任何企圖殺害或謀害任何威尼斯公民的人,他所有的一切必須被沒收。
12 . But he has not promised to give you any of his blood.但是他並沒有答應給你他身上的任何一滴血。
13 . Here it is. (He cries out, full of joy.)錢在這兒。(他滿懷喜悅地喊了出來。)
14 . Take my life too! My money and goods are as dear to me as life itself.把我的命也拿走吧!我的錢財對我就像生命一樣寶貴。
15 . Yes. I have everything ready here.是的。我把一切都準備好了。
16 . Only a little. Goodbye Bassanio. Don't be sad for me.我只想說一點。巴薩尼奧,永別了。不要為我悲傷。
17 . Do you wish to say anything, Antonio?安東尼奧,你還想說什麼嗎?
18 . Do you have a doctor, Shylock, to stop Antonio's blood?夏洛克,你是否請了醫生來給安東尼奧止血呢?
19 . Be merciful! Let me destroy this paper.慈悲一點吧!讓我撕毀這張借約吧。
20 . Wait! Shylock would not take the money earlier. All he wanted was right to be done.別忙!夏洛克先前已經拒絕要錢了。他所要求的只是公正。
21 . Let me see this agreement, this promise of Antonio to you.讓我看一看借約,就是安東尼奧向你許下的諾言。
22 . Greetings! Please be seated. Are you Antonio, and is this your agreement with Shylock?您好!請坐下。你叫安東尼奧嗎?這是你與夏洛克簽訂的借約嗎?
23 . It blesses those who give it, and those who receive it.它不但賜福施予的人,而且賜福於受施的人。
24 . Wait! There is something else.且慢!事情還沒完。
25 . I have done nothing wrong and I fear no judgement. I desire my pound of flesh.我並沒有做錯事,我不怕審判。我要求給我應得的那一磅肉。
26 . If you offered me six times what you have just offered, I would still take my pound of flesh.即使你願意我六倍於你剛才提出的錢數,我仍然要拿我應得的那一磅肉。
27 . Let me take you in my arms and say goodbye.讓我擁抱你一下,說聲再見吧。
28 . I love you more than my own life, more than my wife, and more than all the world.我愛你勝過愛我自己的生命、自己的妻子和整個世界。(他哭了。)
29 . According to the law, Shylock may have a pound of flesh to be cut off by him nearest to Antonio's heart.根據法律,夏洛克可以得到一磅肉,由他從最靠近安東尼奧心臟的部位割下來。
30 . You must cut off one pound of flesh, no more, no less. And not one drop of blood must fall.你必須割下整一磅肉,不准多也不准少。而且不准流一滴血。
31 . Tell your wife about me and how much I loved you.把我的情況告訴你的妻子,對她說我多麼愛你。
32 . I've promised to take my pound of flesh.我說過一定要拿走我應得的那一磅肉。
33 . Then Shylock must be merciful. He must have mercy on Antonio.那麼,夏洛克可得大發慈悲才是。他可得寬恕安東尼奧啊。
34 . Therefore, go down on your knees and beg the Duke for mercy.因此你快快跪下請求公爵開恩吧。
35 . That is not in the agreement.借約上可沒有這一條。
36 . If Shylock cuts deep enough, I'll pay him back with all my heart.要是夏洛克割得夠深的話,我就要以整個心償還他的債了。
37 . But as your punishment, half of your money is now Antonio's.但是作為對你的懲罰,你的財產的一半現在是安東尼奧的了。
38 . That is the law. You wanted justice, so you shall get justice, more than you wanted.這就是法律。你要求公正,那麼就讓你得到公正嗎,比你要求的還要多。
39 . I will take the money. Give me three times more than Antonio borrowed from me.我願意要錢。請給我加三倍還給我安東尼奧向我借的錢。
40 . The greatness of Venice will soon be lost.威尼斯不久就會喪失它的偉大。
41 . If you do not let me have it, that will be a sign of weakness and no one will trust your laws any more.要是您不准許我得到它,那將是一種軟弱的表現,人們將不再信你們的法律了。
42 . I shall not have you killed.我將不處死你。
43 . We should learn to show mercy to others.我們應該學會寬恕他人。
44 . That is all he can have now.這是他現在所能得到的一切。
45 . Why must I have mercy on him? Tell me that!為什麼我必得寬恕他呢?請告訴我這一點!
46 . Antonio has promised to give you a pound of his flesh.安東尼奧許諾給你他身上的一磅肉。
47 . Mercy brings good. Mercy falls like the gentle rain from the sky upon the earth.慈悲帶來益處。慈悲像甘露從天空中降到地面上。
48 . I promise. Let me go home now. I am not well.我答應。現在讓我回家吧。我不舒服。
49 . Greetings, learned judge! I do not envy you your job. This is a most troublesome case.您好,博學的法官!我並不羨慕您的職業。這是一個最麻煩的案子。
50 . One half of his money and his goods shall be given to the city of Venice and the other half shall be given to the person he has tried to kill.他的錢和財產的一半必須給威尼斯城,另一半必須給他企圖殺害的人。