新概念英語第二冊
Lesson 42 Not very musical
1 . The snake, however, continued to 'dance' slowly.然而那蛇卻還是緩慢地「舞動」著。
2 . When he began to play a tune, we had our first glimpse of the snake.當他開始吹奏一支曲子時,我們才第一次看到那條蛇。
3 . We were very much surprised when the snake charmer suddenly began to play jazz and modern pop songs.當耍蛇人突然又吹奏起爵士樂和現代流行樂曲時,我們感到非常驚奇。
4 . It rose out of the basket and began to follow the movements of the pipe.它從筐裡探出身子,隨著樂器的擺動而扭動。
5 . so we went to have a look at him.於是就走過去看看。
6 . As we had had a long walk through one of the markets of old Delhi, we stopped at a square to have a rest.當我們穿過舊德裡的市場時走了很長一段路,我們在一個廣場上停下來休息。
7 . It obviously could not tell the difference between Indian music and jazz!顯然,它分辨不出印度音樂和爵士樂!
8 . After a time, we noticed a snake charmer with two large baskets at the other side of the square,過了一會兒,我們注意到廣場的那一邊有一個帶著兩個大筐的耍蛇人,
9 . As soon as he saw us, he picked up a long pipe which was covered with coins and opened one of the baskets.他一見我們,就拿起了一個長長的上面鑲有硬幣的管樂器,並掀開了一個筐的蓋子。