新概念英語第二冊
Lesson 87 A perfect alibi
1 . 'At what time did you arrive at the station?'「您幾點鐘到的火車站?」
2 . but that you caught the 8.25 which would still get you to work on time.而是8點25分的,這次車同樣能使您按時上班。
3 . 'At the time the murder was committed, I was travelling on the 8 o'clock train to London,' said the man.「在兇殺發生的時候,我正坐在8點鐘開往倫敦的火車上。」那人說。
4 . I suggest that you did not catch the 8 o'clock train,您乘的不是8點鐘的火車,
5 . 'I must be at work at 10 o'clock.「我必須在10點鐘上班,我的僱主會證明我是按時到了那兒的。
6 . 'Do you always catch such an early train?' asked the inspector.「您總是趕這樣早的火車?」探長問。
7 . You see, on the morning of the murder, the 8 o'clock train did not run at all.您看,在兇殺發生的那天早晨,8點鐘的那次車根本沒有發。
8 . 'Of course I do,' answered the man.「當然是的,」那人回答。
9 . 'I suggest,' said the inspector, 'that you are not telling the truth.「我提醒您,」探長說,「您講的不是實話。
10 . 'At ten to eight.I bought a paper and waited for the train.'「7點50分。我買了張報紙,等著車來。」
11 . It broke down at Ferngreen station and was taken off the line.'它在芬格林車站出了故障而被取消了。」
12 . 'I suppose it would, but I never catch a later train.'「我認為可以,但我從來不乘晚一點兒的車。」
13 . 'Would a later train get you to work on time?' asked the inspector.「晚一點兒的車也能送您按時上班嗎?」
14 . 'And you didn't notice anything unusual?'「您沒有注意到有什麼異常情況發生嗎?」