走遍美國
You're Going to Be Fine(早日康復) ACT I
1 . I'll miss my birthday party on Saturday.就會錯過星期六我的生日派對。
2 . and they're having their tonsils out.他們也將切除扁桃腺。
3 . There are other boys and girls here,還有其他男孩女孩在這兒,
4 . Well, we could reschedule the operation, Mrs. Herrera,這樣吧,我們可以重新安排手術,Herrera太太。
5 . Everything will be just fine.一切都會安好的。
6 . But your health is more important, Carl. Believe me.可是你的身體更重要,Carl,相信我的話。
7 . It's a problem, isn't it?這確實是個問題,不是嗎?
8 . I have three tonsillectomies set for Friday with Dr. Earl.我安排好要和Earl大夫在星期五進行三個扁桃腺切除手術。
9 . No, I think it's important to do it now.不 ,我覺得還是應該現在動手術。
10 . When you come out of the hospital.在你病好出院後。
11 . She has a special way with kids.她對孩子很有一套。
12 . Molly, I need your special talent for handling special matters.Molly,我需要你處理特殊狀況的特殊才能。
13 . You'll have your tonsils out tomorrow,明天你的扁桃腺一切除,
14 . Well, I have a scheduling problem.嗯,我在排工作方面遇到困難。
15 . But it won't be on my birthday.但是那就不是在我生日那天了。
16 . Well, I'll try to arrange the schedule, Dr. Stewart.好吧,盡力去安排,Stewart大夫。
17 . I know you'll be able to take care of it.我知道你能夠處理好這件事。
18 . Give me a chance to think about it,給我一個機會想一想,
19 . The boy has infected tonsils,這孩子的扁桃腺受到感染了,
20 . but I don't want to put it off too long.但我希望不要拖得太久。
21 . Hello, Mrs. Herrera. Hi, Carl, how you doing?你好,Herrera太太,嗨,Carl,你怎麼樣啦?
22 . Thank you for your reassurance, Dr. Stewart.謝謝你消除了我疑慮,Stewart大夫。
23 . But when do they do it?但是什麼時候動手術?
24 . But you just put on your pajamas and robe,你先把這睡衣褲穿上,
25 . We can have a birthday party for you, Carl,我們可以給你舉行生日派對 Carl。
26 . and you won't get so many colds anymore.你就不會老患感冒了。
27 . Carl will be perfectly fine after we remove his tonsils.切除扁桃腺之後,Carl會完全恢復健康的。
28 . I have to think about it.我得想一想。
29 . and I'll come up with something.我會想出個辦法的。
30 . OK. We want you to get better, too.我們也希望你能恢復健康。
31 . OK. Do you want to get better?好,你想把病治好嗎?
32 . I don't want my tonsils out.我不想把扁桃腺切除。
33 . A surprise?一個驚喜嗎?
34 . Well, it's a very easy operation, Carl.這是個很簡單的手術 Carl。
35 . and I'll think of a surprise.我來想出一個驚喜。
36 . You and I will talk this over.我倆商量商量。
37 . Let me try to work something out.讓我想個辦法。
38 . And ... I know you can do it.這……我知道你辦得到。
39 . Change your clothes, Carl.把衣服換了, Carl。
40 . Like what special matters?什麼樣的特殊狀況?
41 . He's had so many colds and sore throats recently.他最近常常感冒喉嚨痛。
42 . I don't want my tonsils out.我不想切除扁桃腺。
43 . I need to fit a fourth operation into his schedule.我得在他的工作表上再加第四個手術。
44 . Carl, does your throat hurt?Carl,你喉嚨痛嗎?
45 . Nurse Baker, would you come in, please?Baker護士 請你過來一下,好嗎?
46 . But it's not going to be easy.不過這事可不容易。
47 . This Friday.這個星期五。
48 . You won't feel a thing.你一點也沒有感覺。
49 . She sure does.她的確如此。
50 . But if I have my tonsils out tomorrow,但是我如果明天切除扁桃腺,