走遍美國
Men's Best Friend(人類最好的朋友) ACT III
1 . The good news is that the Levinsons have come by好消息是Levinson夫婦已來這兒
2 . Have you ever owned an animal?你曾養過動物嗎?
3 . she's still alone, without her family.她仍是孤單單的,找不到家。
4 . that the animal shelter is so careful動物收容所需要如此小心
5 . A diet cola, please.一份健怡可樂。
6 . This is Linda Aborn from the animal shelter.我是動物收容所的Linda Aborn。
7 . We had a cat when I was eight years old.我八歲時養過一隻貓。
8 . Just to hold it and cuddle with it.只不過想抱抱摟摟。
9 . It's Linda from the animal shelter.是動物收容所的Linda。
10 . your reasons for wanting an animal.你要養動物的原因。
11 . I will have a cheeseburger, medium rare,我要一份起士漢堡,五分熟,
12 . I've got some great new dance music.我有幾卷很好的新舞曲。
13 . They're very kind to the animals.他們照料動物很細心的。
14 . We also like to know我們還想知道,
15 . first we need to know some references.首先我們得知道你們有哪些備詢人。
16 . to pick up the dog.把狗領回去了。
17 . I want you to hear my new tapes.我給你聽我的新錄音帶。
18 . about your family background.關於你的家庭背景的。
19 . If you're under twenty-one years of age ...如果你還不到二十一歲……
20 . Hey, I wanted you to hear my new sound system嘿,我正想讓你聽聽我的新音響。
21 . Unfortunately, no.很遺憾,沒有。
22 . We'll call in a couple of days.我們兩三天後打電話。
23 . Just to have as a pet.只是要養來當寵物。
24 . My parents will think it's a good idea.我的父母會覺得這是件好事。
25 . I know they are.我知道他們會。
26 . We have good news and bad news, Robbie.我給你帶來了好消息和壞消息 Robbie。
27 . and then we'll go back to my house.然後回到我家。
28 . You know, man's best friend is his dog.你知道的,類最好的朋友就是狗。
29 . with onion and french fries.附加洋蔥和炸薯條。
30 . I keep thinking about the dog -- about Gemma,我一直在想那隻狗 Gemma,
31 . We need to know about your history with animals.我們要瞭解你以前與動物的關連。
32 . Then an adult must sign for you.那就必須有一位成年人來替你簽字。
33 . I'll be back with them.我會帶他們來。
34 . To have a friend -- a pal.想要一個朋友 一個夥伴。
35 . Come by one day and look at some of the other dogs.有空來一趟,看看其他狗。
36 . But please call first.不過,請你先打電話。
37 . Ginger ale with lots of ice for me, thank you.薑汁,多加些冰塊,謝謝。
38 . We want to be sure that you're responsible我們要確定你是肯負責的,
39 . alone in the animal shelter.獨自在動物收容所 。
40 . Good-bye, and thanks for bringing Gemma in.再見,謝謝你們把Gemma送來。
41 . After forty-eight hours.四十八小時後。
42 . And one thing more.還有一件事。
43 . We need to talk to some people about you.我們得向一些人打聽你。
44 . Nice talking to both of you.很高興與兩位交談。
45 . when the dog scratched on the front door.當那狗在抓前門時。
46 . And a ginger ale with lots of ice.一份薑汁,加很多冰塊。
47 . Do you have any animals now?你現在還養著什麼動物嗎?
48 . Even if they are kind to Gemma,即使他們對Gemma很好
49 . I've got it.我都記下了。
50 . and that you can take good care of an animal.而且能夠好好照料動物。