走遍美國
It's Up to You(選校風雲) ACT I
1 . What's it about?是關於什麼的?
2 . And ... how do you feel?那……你的感覺是什麼?
3 . Hail, Hail to Michigan,致敬, 向Michigan致敬,
4 . But I may not want to go to Michigan.但是, 我可能不去Michigan。
5 . It is great.的確是太好了。
6 . Can't you finish it tomorrow?你明天完成它不行嗎
7 . to interview applicants for admission.與申請入學者面談。
8 . Oh, leaving home is part of growing up.呵 ,離開家是成熟過程的一部分。
9 . maybe you should think about becoming a writer.也許你應考慮成為一名作家。
10 . Better than that.比那種事更值得高興。
11 . In that case, it's OK.這麼說 我就去。
12 . I thought you might be hungry.我想你大概餓了。
13 . always makes one a little nervous.總是讓人有些緊張。
14 . Let's meet with Charley at the university club.我們就去大學俱樂部見見Charley吧。
15 . The champions of the West!西部的優勝者
16 . We were both on the tennis team.我們都是網球隊的隊員。
17 . I enjoy writing.我喜歡寫作。
18 . Fine, Grandpa. Fine!很好 ,爺爺, 很好!
19 . I know that, but ...這我知道, 但是……
20 . No, I have to turn it in in the morning.不行 ,明天上午我得交出去。
21 . Come on in, Dad.請進來 ,爸爸。
22 . What's all the cheering about?這麼高興是為什麼?
23 . That's the worst part--making decisions.最傷腦筋的是要作決定。
24 . We'll head down there first thing tomorrow morning.明早第一件事就是去那。
25 . It doesn't mean you're going to Michigan.這並不是說你就要去Michigan大學。
26 . And it turns out he's a classmate of Philip's.有意思的是 他和Philip是同班同學。
27 . I guess so.我猜是這樣。
28 . It doesn't mean you have to be a doctor.這並不意味著你一定要當醫生。
29 . And then make your own decision.然後你自己做決定。
30 . I am hungry.我真是餓了。
31 . Is something still wrong, Robbie?還有什麼不對的地方嗎, Robbie?
32 . Well, I've got an appointment at the hospital.好啦, 我在醫院有事。
33 . But, like your Grandpa suggested,但是, 照你爺爺所建議的,
34 . I'll be OK. I just need time to think.我會適應的, 我只是需要時間思考。
35 . I'm writing an article on the feelings about graduation.我在寫一篇關於畢業感想的文章。
36 . Hail to the victors valiant,向勇敢的勝利者致敬,
37 . making my own decisions, doesn't it?我自己能做決定, 對嗎?
38 . I studied medicine there.我在那裡學醫學。
39 . And he's agreed to fit you into his schedule.他同意明天把你安排進他的面談名單裡 。
40 . Going away to college for the first time第一次離家上大學,
41 . You have lots of time to decide.你有很多時間做決定。
42 . Your grandfather went to the Engineering School there.你爺爺進那個工學院。
43 . He's the Dean of Admissions for the University of Michigan.他是Michigan大學的新生註冊主任。
44 . I'll see you all at dinnertime.吃晚飯時見面了。
45 . You couldn't pick a finer medical school than Michigan.你再也找不到一所比Michigan大學更好的醫學院了?
46 . Did the University of Michigan win another football game?是不是Michigan大學又贏得了一場足球賽?
47 . The scary part's leaving home and moving to college.害怕的是要離開家搬到學校去。
48 . I know it's sudden, Robbie,我知道這件事很突然, Robbie。
49 . You said you wanted to be a doctor like your father.你說過你希望像爸爸一樣成為一名醫生。
50 . He's going to be in New York tomorrow明天, 他要來紐約