走遍美國
A Place of Our Own(自己的住房) ACT III
1 . Since you don't have enough income,由於你們的收入不夠
2 . Yes, we are.是的 ,我們準備如此。
3 . As a matter of fact, my whole family banks here.事實上, 我們全家都是貴行的顧客。
4 . What about the house in Mount Kisco?在Mount Kisco的房子呢
5 . Do you own your house or do you rent?你們自己有房子還是租房子?
6 . Yes. Here they are.帶來了, 在這裡 。
7 . or are you refinancing your present home?還是原有的房子重新申請貸款?
8 . Payments over thirty years?三十年分期付款嗎?
9 . Perhaps you could get a guarantor--也許你可以找一位擔保人
10 . We're planning to buy a house.我們計劃買一棟房子。
11 . You know we'll be there for you.你們知道我們是會伸出援手的。
12 . a two-bedroom house in Mount Kisco.一棟有兩間臥室的房子, 在Mount Kisco。
13 . We're in no great rush. It's true.我們不是很急, 這是真的。
14 . In two or three months, I'll have an advance on my book兩到三個月後 我能得到我那本書的預付款
15 . until they mentioned needing collateral or a guarantor.在他們提到擔保物或擔保人之前。
16 . I'm Richard Stewart, and this is my wife, Marilyn.我叫Richard Stewart ,這是我妻子 Marilyn。
17 . I have some questions to ask.我有一些問題要問。
18 . And we don't own anything to use as collateral.可是我們沒有任何可以做擔保物的東西。
19 . I don't feel right about it.我覺得這樣不對。
20 . It has been a learning experience. That's true.這真是一次學習經驗, 真的。
21 . Yes. I'm a designer, and I work in a boutique.是的, 我是位設計師, 我在一家服裝店工作。
22 . No. If we buy a house, I want to be able to handle it alone.不, 如果我們買房子, 我希望能夠自行負責。
23 . I understand your feelings about it, Richard.我瞭解你對這種事的心情, Richard。
24 . And if you ever need Dad or me to help you ...如果你們的確需要我和爸爸的幫助的話 ……
25 . Likewise, Mr. Riley.我們也一樣 ,Riley先生。
26 . Did you bring any savings or salary information?你是否帶來儲蓄和薪資的相關資料?
27 . to ask Dad to sign as a guarantor.請爸爸當擔保人為我簽字。
28 . And, Mrs. Stewart, are you working?嗯, Stewart太太, 你有工作嗎?
29 . Are you prepared to make a ten-percent down payment?你打算繳納10%做為自備款嗎?
30 . Then there'll be other houses, Marilyn.還會有別的房子, Marilyn。
31 . and you don't already own any property,而你們又沒有擁有其他財產
32 . Do you think we can get a loan?你覺得我們能得到貸款嗎?
33 . We're talking about buying我們在商量購買
34 . And we'd like to find out about a mortgage.我們想知道如何貸款。
35 . Looking around. Especially with a purchase of this kind.到處看看, 特別是這一類買賣。
36 . I understand Richard's feelings about it, Ellen.我瞭解Richard對此的感受, Ellen。
37 . I think you're doing the right thing. Taking your time.我覺得你們做得對。慢慢來。
38 . and tell him we'll see him in a couple of months.告訴他過幾個月我們再去找他。
39 . And I don't think it's a good idea而且我覺得這不是個好主意
40 . and be able to put more money down.也就可以增加自備款的額度。
41 . Good-bye. And hope to see you soon.再見。希望很快再見到你們。
42 . I see. Then you don't have any collateral.我明白了。那麼你們沒有任何擔保物。
43 . And, Mr. Stewart, what is your occupation?那麼 ,Stewart先生, 你的職業呢?
44 . Here are the financial details on the house.這是這房子的財務細節。
45 . Please, sit down. What can I do for you?請坐下。我能為你們做什麼呢?
46 . We live with my parents, Dr. and Mrs. Philip Stewart.我們和父母住在一起 ,我父母是Philip Stewart夫婦。
47 . We can get a loan from the bank我們能夠從銀行得到貸款。
48 . Why don't you speak to Dad?你們為什麼不跟爸爸說說看?
49 . We'll call Mrs. Martinelli and tell her to keep looking for us.我們會打電話給Martinelli太太告訴她繼續幫我們物色房子?
50 . Well, it depends. Do you own any other property?嗯, 這還要看情 。你們擁有其他什麼財產嗎