走遍美國
You're Tops(頂尖高手) ACT I
1 . I have been talking to a group of salesmen我一直在與一群推銷人員談話
2 . there's a lot to do around the house,這屋裡有很多事可做,
3 . I think you do.我想你能體會。
4 . There must be some way to put my mind to good use.總會有辦法讓我發揮才智。
5 . I need to get out more.我需要多出門去。
6 . We'll find a solution.我們會找到解決的辦法。
7 . I understand, Grandpa.我能體會你, 爺爺。
8 . I've been thinking about it for weeks now.為這事我想了幾個星期。
9 . and maybe you can help me set the table.也許你能幫我擺桌子。
10 . Well, there must be something.嗯 ,一定可以找到事做。
11 . are visiting relatives in New Jersey today.今天去 New Jersey拜訪親戚去了。
12 . I'd like to use my brain a little more.我想多用用我的腦子。
13 . Maybe I can help.也許我能幫忙。
14 . instead of you coming here.而不是你到這兒來。
15 . What are we having?我們吃些什麼?
16 . to your finding a way to use that wonderful mind of yours.能夠讓你施展你的學識。
17 . Particularly in the construction field.特別是在建築業。
18 . I miss seeing you.我很想見到你 。
19 . But to tell the truth,但是老實說,
20 . You don't need to do that, Grandpa.你不用這樣,爺爺。
21 . Well, I mean我的意思是
22 . So it's just you and me, Susan.所以 這裡只有你和我, Susan。
23 . A positive solution一個好法子
24 . mashed potatoes, and a tossed green salad to begin with.馬鈴薯泥, 還有蔬菜沙拉當頭道菜。
25 . It's nice to be alone with you, Grandpa.很高興單獨與你在一起, 爺爺。
26 . but I'm restless.但我閒不住。
27 . And am I glad to see you!我看見你才高興呢!
28 . Since I retired,自從我退休以後,
29 . I'm not looking for a full-time job.我不會去找一個上全天班的工作。
30 . But at my age,但是,像我這般年紀,
31 . and I'm real exhausted.我實在是精疲力竭了。
32 . since ten this morning,從今天上午十點起,
33 . and I love being here with the family,而我也喜歡和家人在一起。
34 . Let's go into the kitchen,我們到廚房去,
35 . You're still thinking about something to do, aren't you?你還在想要找點事做, 是嗎?
36 . I prepared lamb chops,我準備了羊肉,
37 . I'd like to go into the city and meet you there,我想到城裡去看你,
38 . There are probably a lot of places for you to work也許有很多地方可以讓你去工作。
39 . you have so much energy and so many years of experience.你精力這麼好 ,又有這麼多年的經驗。
40 . Oh, I feel the same way, Susan.噢 ,我也有同樣的感受 ,Susan。
41 . Am I glad to see you!我看到你, 真的很高興!
42 . What's Harry doing tonight?Harry,今晚做什麼?
43 . We don't get to see enough of each other.我們在一起的時間太少了。
44 . The rest of our family went to the movies.我們家其餘的人都去看電影了。
45 . Yeah, I do.不, 我要這樣。
46 . Well, you look good.嗯, 看起來蠻好的。
47 . I am also glad to be here.我很高興來這裡 。
48 . I've got extra time on my hands.我有過多空閒時間。
49 . But I'm bored.但我感到無聊。
50 . Grandpa, you are a terrific guy!爺爺, 你真了不起!