高二英語課文
Unit 24 Mainly Revision
1 . I insist on telling him how great you were.我一定要告訴他你是多麼了不起。
2 . Dad, this is Zheng Jie, who I knew in Paris.爸爸,這是鄭傑,我是在巴黎認識他的。
3 . I told him that if painting was important for him, he would live on bread in order to succeed.我告訴他說,如果繪畫對他很重要的話,那麼要取得成功,就得靠啃乾麵包生活了。
4 . Have you tried to borrow money from a bank?你是否試過向銀行借錢呢?
5 . I've written a cheque for you.我給你開了一張支票。
6 . I didn't have a penny the last time I saw you.上次我見到你時,我連一個銅板也沒有。
7 . I've never laughed so much in all my life.我這一生還從來沒有笑得這樣開心過呢。
8 . I've just arrived myself so forgive me if I don't seem to know what's going on.我自己也剛到家。所以,如果我不瞭解情況的話,那麼請你原諒。
9 . The struggling musician and the struggling artist. What a pair!艱苦奮鬥的音樂家和艱苦奮鬥的畫家在一起。真是難兄難弟!
10 . It will be a mixed school where not all the children are disabled.它是一所混合式學校,學校裡的兒童並不都是殘疾人。
11 . That sounds very interesting. How long will it take you to collect enough money?聽起來倒是挺有趣的。你要花多長時間才能籌集到足夠的資金呢?
12 . Unfortunately it will cost a lot of money.遺憾的是,這要花很大一筆錢。
13 . When Gary told me that he wanted to be a painter, I refused to give him any money.當加裡告訴我他想要當畫家的時候,我拒絕給他錢。
14 . Thank you for everything.謝謝你做的一切。
15 . You must come to see it. And I owe you some money.你一定要來看呀。我還欠你的錢呢。
16 . I wanted to ask Chen Wei too, but he's away.我也想請陳偉,但他外出了。
17 . Zheng Jie, I would like to support your music school.鄭傑,我願意資助你辦音樂學校。
18 . At the moment in my country there are very few such schools.目前在我國這類學校太少了。
19 . You've done very well. It's a pity you missed the sports meeting last week.你學得不錯嘛。很可惜,你錯過了上周的運動會。
20 . I have an exhibition in London this coming month.下個月我在倫敦要舉辦一次畫展。
21 . Hello, Mr Zhu. I've come to say goodbye. I'm leaving on Sunday.你好,朱先生。我是來道別的。我星期天離校。
22 . I read about you in the newspaper and decided to come and hear you play.我在報紙上看到了你的情況,於是決定來聽你演奏。
23 . I wish you every success in the future.祝你未來一切成功。
24 . I think I know you.我想我認識你。
25 . If I continue to play a lot of concerts over the next five year.如果在今後的五年內我連續舉辦一些音樂會。
26 . I'm free on Thursday. I'd love to come.我星期四有空。我很樂意來。
27 . So, although I still have large business interests,I always look for chances to make life easier for some of the children in this world.因此,雖然我仍然擁有許多商業股份,但是我總是在尋找機會使世界上一些兒童的生活過得好一些。
28 . And Chen Wei was sure he could see a snake in the grass. I remember.陳偉還肯定他看到草裡有一條蛇。我記得呢。
29 . What have you enjoyed most?你最喜歡什麼呢?
30 . Do you remember the first time we met?你還記得我們第一次見面的情況嗎?
31 . Good. Listen. I may be able to help you. Could you come and see me when you are next in London?好的。聽著,我也許能夠幫助你。下次你來倫敦時,能不能來看看我?
32 . Now let's drink to the success of your school!現在,咱們為你辦學成功,乾杯!
33 . Susan is saying goodbye to Xia Su.蘇珊在向夏素道別。
34 . Ok. Can I just check I've got the number right? 181 584 9662.好的。我核對一下號碼,好嗎?181 584 9662。
35 . I've no idea. He just asked me to come round for supper.我也不知道,他只是叫我過來吃晚飯。
36 . What are your next plans?下一步你計劃幹些什麼呢?
37 . Could I drop in at your house after the concert, or would that be too late?我可不可以在音樂會開完後去你家拜訪?那會不會太晚了?
38 . This is to help you start your school.這是幫助你開辦學校用的。
39 . Fortunately people want to come and hear me play, but I am getting very tired of travelling.幸運的是,人們都想來聽我演奏,但是我對旅行感到厭倦了。
40 . I met Zheng Jie after one of his concerts about a week ago.大約一周前,我在鄭傑的一場音樂會之後見過他。
41 . When you have found a building in which to start your school.你找到開辦學校的樓房後
42 . A week later, Mr Brain rang Zheng Jie and spoke to a friend of his.一周以後,佈雷恩先生打電話給鄭傑,接電話的是鄭傑的一位朋友。
43 . The following Thursday, Zheng Jie rings the bell of Mr Brain's house.下一周的星期四,鄭傑按了佈雷恩先生家的門鈴。
44 . I'm planning to start a school, so I'm trying to save as much money as possible.我計劃開辦一所學校,因此我在設法盡可能地多攢錢。
45 . Of course.當然感興趣。
46 . Do you remember when the three of us went on a picnic?我們三個人一起搞過野餐,你還記得嗎?
47 . I haven't told you that my family made a lot of money in the nineteenth century by making children work 16 hours a day in their factories.我還沒有告訴過你,我的家在19世紀的時候賺了一大筆錢,是強迫兒童在工廠裡一天勞動16個小時賺來的。
48 . The door is opened by his son, Gary.開門的是他的兒子加裡。
49 . It was at Charlie's wedding. You were playing the piano.那是在查理的婚禮上,你在彈鋼琴。
50 . Can I give him a message?我可以給他捎個口信嗎?