走遍美國
Career Choices(職業選擇) ACT I
1 . What do you mean?是什麼意思?
2 . I guess you do have two career opportunities我想你的確是有兩個事業機會
3 . maybe she'll find someone else in the meantime,她也許會在這段時間找別的人。
4 . There's Mother and Grandpa ...有媽媽和祖父呢……
5 . in the past few weeks.在最近幾個星期。
6 . I never really thought about being a mother as a career.我真的從來沒有想到做母親還是一種事業。
7 . around your schedule,配合你的時間表
8 . That's something to consider.這是需要考慮的一點。
9 . That's the way I look at it.我就是這麼看這件事的。
10 . It's not just the job.不只是那項工作而已。
11 . especially when he's a baby.特別是當他還是個嬰兒的時候。
12 . I hear Max.我聽到Max哭了。
13 . I really understand, Marilyn.我真的能理解, Marilyn。
14 . Rock-a-bye, baby, on the tree top,搖呀搖, 小寶寶, 在樹梢,
15 . The cradle will fall,搖籃會掉落
16 . I've been thinking a lot about our responsibilities我對於我們的職責想了很多
17 . use my talents,發揮我的才智,
18 . Well, maybe she will, and maybe she won't.嗯, 也許她會, 也許她不會。
19 . I said I'd give her an answer in a few days ...我說這幾天給她回答……
20 . and when I'm ready to go back,而當我準備好要回去時,
21 . But I am thinking about myself.但我就是在為自己著想呀。
22 . Just sketching.只是畫些草圖。
23 . when I think I'll be returning to the boutique.我打算什麼時候回去時裝店工作。
24 . My career as a fashion designer時裝設計事業
25 . It's not the same, Richard.那是不一樣的, Richard。
26 . and my career as a mother.和擔任Max母親的事業。
27 . When the wind blows,風兒輕輕吹
28 . like we always thought I would.就像我們一向認定的那樣。
29 . with the question of whether I go back to work or not.為我是否回去工作這個問題。
30 . But you never have to worry about Max.但你根本不用擔心Max。
31 . if that will help.假如那樣有所幫助的話。
32 . I want to be with Max as a full-time mother,我又想和Max在一起, 做個全職的母親
33 . I never stop thinking about them.我一直在思考這些問題 ,從未間斷。
34 . I have two career opportunities at the same time.我同時有兩個事業機會。
35 . If I don't accept her offer,假如我不接受她這個工作機會,
36 . Have you discussed going back to work with your boss?你已跟你的老闆討論過回去工作的事嗎?
37 . Don't you see?你不知道嗎?
38 . there won't be a job for me.已經沒有空缺了。
39 . I really want to go back to work,我真的想回去工作,
40 . I've been wrestling我一直左思右想
41 . and I can always arrange my photo schedule而且我也能隨時安排我的攝影工作
42 . The cradle will rock.搖籃跟著晃。
43 . and wait until you're ready to go back to work.而且會等你準備好了才回去工作。
44 . and pursue my career in fashion design追求我在時裝設計方面的事業
45 . I'm sure Rita Mae will understand我相信Rita Mae會理解的
46 . Ah! That's what's got you thinking, isn't it?噢, 就是那通電話使你開始思量起來的,是嗎?
47 . I see.這一下我明白了。
48 . Rita Mae called yesterday. Rita Mae昨天打電話來了。
49 . It's also my career as Max's mother.當Max的母親也是我的事業。
50 . And down will come baby,寶寶跌下來