走遍美國
A Big Fish in a Little Pond(小池塘裏的大魚) ACT III
1 . Harry, you didn't turn it down because of me …Harry你拒絕它該不是因為我……
2 . No, no. I turned it down because of me.不 ,不。我因為我自己而拒絕了它。
3 . Come and sit down for a minute, Michelle.過來坐一會兒, Michelle。
4 . I am so touched. The two of you are really something.我太感動了。你們倆個真是了不起。
5 . We'll move after the school term.我們等這學期結束後再搬。
6 . No, I did not take the job.對, 我沒有接受那份工作。
7 . how could I live in Los Angeles我怎麼能住在Los Angeles
8 . that I'd like your opinion about.我需要你的意見。
9 . Why don't you tell us about your day.何不告訴我們你這一天過得如何?
10 . We're a family, Harry.我們是一家人, Harry。
11 . How's that?這是怎麼一回事?
12 . about leaving New York, the family, and friends.對於離開紐約, 家人和朋友。
13 . Michelle was chosen to doMichelle被挑選去作
14 . What's wrong, Susan?有什麼問題嗎, Susan?
15 . The Stewart family, of course.當然是Stewart一家人。
16 . I run my own company. I'm a big fish in a little pond.我經營自己的公司。我是一條小池裡的大魚。
17 . I'm not really sure I want to be a little fish in a big pond.我不是真的很確定我想成為一條大池裡的小魚。
18 . I'd like to talk to you about something.我想跟你談一件事。
19 . because I like being my own boss.是因為我喜歡自己當老闆。
20 . do I really want to work for the biggest company in the country?我真的想替全國最大的公司工作嗎?
21 . but I know what it feels like to miss someone.但我知道想念一個人是什麼樣的滋味。
22 . I'll make new friends wherever we are as long as we're together.只要我們能在一起, 無論在哪兒我都能交到新朋友。
23 . the school poster for the play this year.今年學校話劇的海報。
24 . That's very considerate of you, Michelle.真會體諒別人, Michelle。
25 . It's OK to talk about it, Harry.這件事可以攤開來談, Harry。
26 . Congratulations, Michelle! That's something!恭喜 ,Michelle!太好了!
27 . But what about your friends?但你的朋友怎麼辦?
28 . Oh, Daddy, does that mean we don't have to move?噢 ,爸爸 ,你的意思是我們不必搬家了?
29 . Whatever you think is right for you is right for us.你認為對你是好的對我們來說也是好的。
30 . Did you take the job?你接受了那份工作嗎?
31 . I'm glad if you are, Harry.假如你很確定, 我就高興, Harry。
32 . I couldn't be more sure, Susan.我再確定不過了, Susan。
33 . OK. Now, tell us about your talk with Mr. York.好啦, 現在告訴我們你跟York先生的談話吧。
34 . I see you're in a good mood.我看你心情很好。
35 . Well, I began to think about you and about Michelle,噢, 我開始想到你和Michelle
36 . I think so. He's going to tell us tonight about the job offer.我想是這樣。他今天晚上會告訴我們關於那份工作的事。
37 . But if you and Daddy wanted to,但是假如,你和爸爸想搬的話,
38 . and then I asked myself,然後我問自己,
39 . But if you think you should take the job, we're behind you.但如果你認為你應該接受這份工作, 我們支持你。
40 . I wouldn't miss a day even if I were really sick.即使我真的病了,也不想錯過一天。
41 . But, Daddy, I thought ...但是, 爸爸 ,我想……
42 . the other night when I was trying on my new clothes.也就是我試新衣服的那天晚上。
43 . I went into business for myself我當初自己開業
44 . Michelle and I have all kinds of feelingsMichelle和我感覺很複雜
45 . Your favorite people?你喜歡的人?
46 . You're right. How do you feel about it?說對了。你覺得怎麼樣?
47 . if you're not going to be happy about it.假如你會因為這種事而不快樂的話。
48 . And I don't.我並不想這樣。
49 . I love my school. I have so many good friends there now.我喜歡我的學校。我現在有那麼多好朋友在那裡。
50 . I met with Bill York.我與Bill York會面了。