社交英語
談節日
1 . The kids hang their stockings over the fireplace for Santa Claus to fill them with candies and toys.孩子們在火爐邊懸掛長筒襪等待聖誕老人給他們塞糖果和玩具。
2 . Well, there are Dragon Boat Festival, Mid-autumn Festival, Chung Yeung Festival and so on.嗯,還有端午節、中秋節、重陽節等等。
3 . Thank you, Mr. Tom. The same to you.謝謝,湯姆先生。也祝你聖誕快樂!
4 . People are busy shopping and wrapping presents for relatives and friends before Christmas Eve.在聖誕節前夜,人們忙著為親朋好友買東西、包禮物。
5 . visiting places of revolutionary interest, outings, parties.參觀革命聖地,出去郊遊,或者舉辦晚會。
6 . Sounds great.聽起來不錯。
7 . Scene: Tom and his wife have invited Carl and David for dinner.場景:湯姆和他夫人邀請卡爾和大衛吃晚飯。
8 . Oh yes, the May Fourth Movement. I've read about it.哦,是的,五四運動,我聽說過。
9 . That's not an overstatement. As I said, these are only the main ones. There are many others.你這樣說一點也不誇張,我只是說了幾個重要的節日,還有很多沒有提及呢。
10 . Come in. Oh, Carl and David.哦,是卡爾和大衛,請進。
11 . Do you celebrate Christmas in China?中國人慶祝聖誕節嗎?
12 . That sounds exciting.聽起來怪熱鬧的。
13 . By the way, what are you going to do on Christmas?順便問一下,聖誕節你打算做什麼?
14 . Yes. It's the anniversary of one of our important revolutionary movements.是的。它是中國一個重大革命運動的紀念日。
15 . Mr. Marker and his wife have invited me to a Christmas dinner.馬克先生和他妻子邀請我吃聖誕晚宴。
16 . (looking at his calendar) Oh, next Friday is May 4th.(正在看著日曆)哦,下週五是五月四號了。
17 . No, we have the Spring Festival's celebrations with feasts and fireworks.不,我們以宴會和焰火慶祝春節。
18 . Besides Chinese New Year, what are the other festivals according to the Lunar Calendar?農曆新年以外還有什麼節日?
19 . Thank you. The same to you.謝謝。聖誕快樂!
20 . Merry Christmas, Mrs. Tom!湯姆夫人,聖誕快樂!
21 . That took place right after the First World War, didn't it?它就發生在第一次世界大戰之後,是嗎?
22 . But Christmas is the most important holiday of the year.但是聖誕節是一年當中最重要的節日。
23 . What do people usually do on that day?在這一天,人們通常幹什麼?
24 . Oh, this is amazing! How can you people handle so many festivals?哇,不是吧!你們怎麼可能應付這麼多的節日?
25 . It's mostly young people who take part.參加活動的絕大多數是年青人。
26 . Different kinds of activities, such as commenmorative meetings, planting trees,舉行各種各樣的活動,例如召開紀念大會,植樹造林,
27 . Christmas is coming up. Zhao Ming, let me ask you a question.聖誕節快到了,趙明,我問你個問題。
28 . I mean, there seems to be something to celebrate all the year round.我的意思是,好像一年到頭都要忙著慶祝似的。
29 . (a foreigner) Is that a special day?(一個外國人)是一個特殊的日子嗎?
30 . Merry Christmas, Carl and David!卡爾,大衛,聖誕快樂!
31 . Because it's also known now as Youth Day. So you see-因為這個節日還被稱為是青年節,所以你明白了-