走遍美國
Opening Night(展覽開幕之夜) ACT I
1 . When do we see the reviews?什麼時候我們可以看到評論
2 . Are you going to be reviewing the show, Mitchell?你會評論這項展覽嗎 Mitchell
3 . so I can study it.以便我好好研究。
4 . Well ... you mind if I look around嗯……你們不介意我到處瞧瞧
5 . do I really have to我是不是真的有必要
6 . What does that mean when he goes,他發出的聲音代表什麼意思
7 . Years of work went into these pictures.多年心血換來這些照片。
8 . I have an autographed one in my office.在我辦公室裡有一本簽了名的。
9 . Oh, yes. It's definitely worth reviewing.噢 是的 。它著實值得評論。
10 . Well, you're the young man who did all this.嗯, 你就是那位拍這些照片的年輕人。
11 . And you never know而你永遠也猜不到
12 . what the man from the New York Times is going to say about it.紐約時報的那個人會說些什麼。
13 . You've earned it.這是你應得的報償。
14 . It's the first thing people will see when they come in.這是人們走進來所看到的第一 件東西。
15 . It sets the tone for the whole show.它決定了整個展覽的氣氛。
16 . No, I think this one belongs in the people-at-work section.不 ,我認為它屬於工作中的人們的那一區。
17 . You have a most unusual eye.你有著極為不尋常的眼光。
18 . The reviews of this show與這次展覽有關的評論
19 . what the critics are going to write about your show yet.評論家們會對你的展覽寫些什麼。
20 . Do you think he liked my photographs?你覺得他喜歡我的攝影嗎
21 . No. I'm scared to death.不。我害怕得要命。
22 . I like it there.擺在那裡很好。
23 . one of the most important syndicated reviewers in the country.我國最重要的報團評論家之一。
24 . Tom is studying photography at NYU. Tom正在NYU學攝影。
25 . I can't believe this is really happening!我不敢相信這一切真的發生了
26 . Try it there, Tom.放在那兒試試 Tom。
27 . This one over here, Mr. Carlson?這張就擺這兒嗎 Carlson先生
28 . Keep your fingers crossed.希望你一切盡如人意。
29 . My wife Marilyn, my father and mother,我太太Marilyn, 我父親和母親,
30 . It probably means he's clearing his throat.也許表示他正在清喉嚨。
31 . He's working with me during the summer months as an intern.在夏天的這幾個月到我這裡來當實習生。
32 . I don't care what the critics say, Mr. Stewart.我不管評論家怎麼說 ,Stewart先生
33 . One of the critics is coming over this morning for a preview.一位評論家今天早上要來看預展。
34 . I hope that's a compliment.我希望這是讚美之詞。
35 . No such thing as too many at an opening.展覽開幕怎麼會嫌人太多呢。
36 . I'd like an advance copy of the book, though,但我想要一本新書的試印本
37 . I always worry.我一向擔心。
38 . The next thing they'll see is this enlargement with the words Family Album,他們接著看到的是U.S.A. Family Album, U.S.A.這幾個放大的字。
39 . I do mean it.我的確是說真的。
40 . the autograph of somebody who may be famous someday.將來有可能成名的人的親筆簽名。
41 . autograph copies for the guests at the opening?在展覽開幕時為客人在書上親筆簽名呢
42 . the copy of Richard's book on my desk?在我桌上那本Richard的書 好嗎
43 . Nervous about the opening tonight?對今晚開幕感到緊張嗎?
44 . Marilyn and I hope to use money from the sales of this book Marilyn和我希望用這本書銷售的錢
45 . I'm still learning.我還在學習當中。
46 . Your family or the public?你的家人還是公眾
47 . I hope he's in a good mood.我希望他心情不錯。
48 . Nice to meet you, Mr. Johnson.很高興見到你 Johnson先生。
49 . You may be the next Ansel Adams and not even know it.你或許是第二個Ansel Adams而不自知呢。
50 . Mitchell has always encouraged new talent. Mitchell總是在鼓勵新人。