新概念英語第二冊
Lesson 78 The last one
1 . My friends kept on offering me cigarettes and cigars.我的朋友們不斷地向我遞香煙和雪茄。
2 . Everybody around me was smoking and I felt extremely uncomfortable.我周圍的每個人都在吸煙,我感到非常不自在。
3 . After seven days of this I went to a party.這樣過了7天以後,我去參加一次聚會。
4 . After reading an article entitled 'Cigarette Smoking and Your Health' I lit a cigarette to calm my nerves.讀完一篇題為《吸煙與健康》的文章之後,我點上了一枝香煙,來鎮定一下自己緊張的神經。
5 . They made no effort to hide their amusement whenever I produced a packet of sweets from my pocket.每當我從口袋裡掏出一包糖果時,他們都毫不掩飾地表現出他們對此感到非常好笑。
6 . I took one guiltily, lit it and smoked with satisfaction.我內疚地接過一枝點上,心滿意足地抽起來。
7 . I smoked with concentration and pleasure as I was sure that this would be my last cigarette.我聚精會神而又愉快地吸著這枝煙。因為我確信這是我最後一枝煙了。
8 . When my old friend Brian urged me to accept a cigarette, it was more than I could bear.當我的老朋友布賴恩極力勸我接受一枝香煙時,我再也忍不住了。
9 . My wife was delighted that things had returned to normal once more.一切又都恢復了正常,為此我妻子十分高興。
10 . Anyway, as Brian pointed out, it is the easiest thing in the world to give up smoking.不管怎麼說,正如布賴恩指出的那樣,戒煙是世界上最容易的事情,
11 . I had all the usual symptoms of someone giving up smoking: a bad temper and an enormous appetite.脾氣暴躁和食慾旺盛。
12 . He himself has done it lots of times!他自己就已戒了很多次了!
13 . For a whole week I did not smoke at all and during this time, my wife suffered terribly.整整一個星期我根本沒有吸煙。在此期間,我妻子吃盡了苦頭。