新概念英語第二冊
Lesson 79 By air
1 . a flight attendant told us to keep calm and to get off the plane quietly as soon as it had touched down.一位空中乘務員告訴我們要保持鎮靜,待飛機一著陸,就馬上不聲不響地離開飛機。
2 . Fortunately, nothing was found and five hours later we were able to take off again.幸運的是,什麼也沒有找到。5個小時後,我們又起飛了。
3 . After we had landed, the plane was searched thoroughly.我們降落之後,飛機被徹底搜查了一遍。
4 . I used to travel by air a great deal when I was a boy.我在幼年的時候,曾多次乘飛機旅行。
5 . when the plane suddenly turned round and flew back to the airport.這時飛機突然調轉頭來,飛回了機場。
6 . After taking off, we were flying low over the city and slowly gaining height,起飛之後,我們在城市上空低低地飛行,然後慢慢爬高。
7 . Everybody on board was worried and we were curious to find out what had happened.飛機上的人都很著急,大家都急於想知道究竟出了什麼事。
8 . A flight attendant would take charge of me and I never had an unpleasant experience.我總是由一位空中乘務員照管,從未遇到過不愉快的經歷。
9 . While we were waiting to land,在我們等待降落時,
10 . Later we learnt that there was a very important person on board.後來我們才得知,飛機上坐了一位非常重要的人物。
11 . My parents used to live in South America and I used to fly there from Europe in the holidays.我的父母曾經住在南美洲,所以假期裡我常從歐洲乘飛機到他們那裡。
12 . I am used to traveling by air and only on one occasion have I ever felt frightened.我習慣了乘飛機旅行,只是有一次把我嚇壞了。
13 . The police had been told that a bomb had been planted on the plane.有人報告警察,說飛機上安放了一枚炸彈。