走遍美國
A Place of Our Own(自己的住房) ACT I
1 . but just right for us.但正好夠我們住。
2 . and we probably won't be able to而我們也許也一樣不能
3 . and we'll go to see her.我們會去找她。
4 . And thanks for the advice about the house.也謝謝你關於房子的建議。
5 . Of course, it was a small house,當然, 那是一棟小房子,
6 . I think the skirt is just right.我覺得長度合適。
7 . we need to have our own place to live.我們應該有自己的房子。
8 . Now Richard and I are having a baby,現在 Richard和我有了孩子,
9 . my friend Virginia Martinelli is a real-estate agent.我的朋友Virginia Martinelli就是個房地產仲介。
10 . You'll learn a lot.會增長不少見識。
11 . Ellen, I'd like your opinion. Ellen我想聽聽你的意見。
12 . and he kept talking about having a house of our own.他老說要有自己的家。
13 . When did you buy a house?那你們在什麼時候買房子呢?
14 . I remember when I was pregnant with Richard.我記得當我懷著Richard時,
15 . We can learn a lot by asking.我們到處問問會學到不少東西。
16 . We looked at a lot of houses.我們看了好多房子。
17 . Maybe we should也許我們應該
18 . Why don't you look at some houses, Marilyn?何不去看一看房子呢, Marilyn?
19 . but she sold us our first house and this one.我們的第一棟房子和這一棟都是她賣的。
20 . the baby can stay in your room for a while.可以住在你們房間一段時間。
21 . but Philip is too independent.但是Philip的獨立性太強了。
22 . Well, what do you think about Richard and me那麼你覺得我和Richard
23 . Philip was a young doctor,Philip當時是個年輕的大夫
24 . at this point in our lives?在這個時候怎麼樣?
25 . we love having you here.我們喜歡你們住這裡 。
26 . looking for a small house or an apartment找一個小住宅或公寓
27 . He's independent,他的獨立性強,
28 . After Richard was born.等生下Richard之後。
29 . I'll talk to Richard about it我就跟Richard商量
30 . and sometimes just stubborn.有時候甚至近乎頑固。
31 . And if I can be of any help,如果我能有所幫忙的話,
32 . They're all alike.他們都是一個樣子。
33 . No. No train. Just the dress.不 ,不加裙擺。就是這樣連身套裝。
34 . and ... and when the baby comes,而且……而且嬰兒出生以後,
35 . Philip and I were living with Grandma and Grandpa. Philip與我和爺爺, 奶奶住在一起。
36 . That dress is gorgeous.這套服裝真華麗。
37 . We love having you here,我們喜歡你們住這裡,
38 . Richard is a real Stewart. Richard是個典型的Stewart家後代。
39 . We couldn't afford it.我們當時不夠錢。
40 . Grandpa wanted to lend us the money to buy one,爺爺要借給我們錢去買房子,
41 . But I am going to make a headpiece of lace.但我準備做一個蕾絲頭飾。
42 . and Philip was opening his first medical office.而Philip則第一次開診所。
43 . Well, Richard and I feel that with a baby coming嗯, Richard和我覺得孩子快要出生了,
44 . I'll talk to Richard about it.我會與Richard商量商量。
45 . There's no need to rush.沒有必要急急忙忙。
46 . He didn't want to borrow any money.他不想借錢。
47 . Are you planning to attach a train to it?準備加拖地裙擺嗎?
48 . Sounds like Richard.聽起來跟Richard一樣。
49 . What did you do?那你們怎麼辦呢?
50 . Look in the real-estate section of Sunday's Times.查一查星期天的 紐約時報 房地產版。