初三英語課文
Unit 15 At home with the twins
1 . When she's happy, I'm happy. When she feels unhappy, I feel the same.她快樂時,我快樂。她不高興時,我也不高興。
2 . People think we look the same, but I can see that we're different.人們認為我們長得一模一樣,但是我能看出我們的差別。
3 . Sometimes, my grandma decides to buy one big birthday present for both of us.有時,奶奶決定給我倆就買一件大生日禮物。
4 . So now, if Mom buys us new clothes, she chooses different colours, and it's better.因此,現在媽媽若給我們買新衣服,她總選不同的顏色,這種做法很好。
5 . I like having a twin sister.我喜歡有一個孿生姐姐。
6 . Of course, sometimes we're together too often, and we fight.當然,有時候我們在一起太多而打起架來。
7 . But we never fight for long.但不久就和解了。
8 . We like the same music, the same food and the same books.我們喜歡同樣的音樂,同樣的食物和同樣的書籍。
9 . Lily was born ten minutes before me,so she says,I'm older than you! So I must open the present!「我比你大!應該由我來拆禮物包!」
10 . Is this one better?這種更好些吧?
11 . Do we need some more tea?我們還要些茶嗎?
12 . Yes. That's just right. It's nice and soft, too.對。那正好,又軟又好看。
13 . We always make friends with each other again.我們總是重新交朋友。
14 . I like light green, but Lily prefers dark blue.我喜歡淡綠色,而莉莉卻更愛深藍色。
15 . Then, when it's open, we fight about who plays with it first.然後,當禮物打開後,我們又爭著誰先來玩。
16 . OK. And we'd better ask Mom whether it's cheap enough!好的。我們最好是問問媽媽價錢是否便宜!
17 . Well, which colour do you like?嗯,你喜歡哪種顏色?
18 . I'd like two sweaters for my daughters.我想給女兒買兩件毛衣。
19 . But it's great! We're together most of the time.但是好極了!大多數時間我們在一起。
20 . For example, Lily likes to dance, but I like to sing.比如,莉莉喜歡跳舞我卻喜歡唱歌。
21 . Good morning! What can I do for you?早上好!您想買點什麼?
22 . We asked. Can't we be different from each other sometimes?我們問,「難道我們有時候就不能有別嗎?」
23 . But people still mistake us for each other.可是人們還是把我倆弄錯。
24 . So it is! Lily, did you hear what I said?是呀!莉莉,你聽見我的話了嗎?
25 . Yes, I think we do. Lucy, we need some more hot water. Can you go and get some, please?是的,再要些吧。露西,我們還要熱開水。請你去弄些來,行嗎?
26 . One year for our birthday Mom gave us both a T-shirt two green T-shirts!有一年過生日,媽媽送給我倆各一件T恤衫--兩件綠的T恤衫。
27 . I'm A Twin我是一個孿生兒
28 . Do we need some more hot water?我們還要些熱開水嗎?
29 . We don't like the same colours, either.On our birthday, we often get the same presents.我們對顏色的喜愛也不一樣。每逢過生日,我們經常得到一樣的禮物。
30 . I hate this. It always makes problems.我討厭這種做法。它總是惹麻煩。
31 . We can't decide who should open it first.我們難以決定誰先打開禮物包。
32 . That's too light!顏色太淺了!
33 . Certainly. The woolen ones are hanging here, and the cotton ones are hanging there.當然歡迎。這兒掛著的是羊毛衫,那兒掛著的是棉毛衣。
34 . Which sweater do you like?你喜歡哪種毛衣?
35 . Shall I ask the shopkeeper if I can try it on?要問問店主是否可以試穿一下?
36 . People often ask me whether I like being a twin.人們常常問我是不是喜歡雙胞胎。
37 . Well, it feels strange to have a twin sister.是呀,有個孿生姐姐是覺得奇怪。
38 . Yes, I think we do. Lucy, we need some more tea. Can you get some, please?我想我們還要些茶。露西,我們還要些茶。請你去沏些茶,行嗎?
39 . I like what she likes. I hate what she hates.我愛她所愛。我恨她所恨。
40 . Sure, Mom. I'll get some at once.好的,媽媽。我這就去。
41 . Often, I know what she's going to say. Sometimes, I know what she's thinking.通常,我知道她想說什麼。有時候,我知道她在想什麼。
42 . Mom, can't Lily do it? It's her turn!媽媽,莉莉就不能做嗎?輪到她了!
43 . But we have a few small differences, too.但是我們之間還有些小的差別的。
44 . So we never feel lonely.因而我們從未感到孤單。
45 . But we don't fight very often. We love each other and we are both very happy that we are twins.但是我們並不經常爭吵。我們互相愛護,我們都非常慶幸是孿生。
46 . They call me Lily sometimes, and I don't always tell them that they've made a mistake.他們有時候把我叫成莉莉,可我並不總是向他們解釋他們弄錯了。
47 . No hurry! Please take your time!甭著急!請慢慢看!
48 . I prefer blue, but this blue is too dark!我較喜歡藍色,但這種藍太深了!
49 . We'll have a look at the woolen ones, thank you.我們就看看羊毛衫吧,謝謝。
50 . Which would you like?您喜歡哪種?