走遍美國
Making a Difference(當仁不讓) ACT III
1 . Only one hundred and twenty-one votes!僅僅一百二十一票!
2 . Ellen, why don't you go out to the backyardEllen,何不去院子
3 . It's too soon to know for certain.現在還太早, 不知道確切情況 。
4 . beat its rival Horace Mann in baseball today ...在今天的棒球賽中打敗了對手Horace Mann隊。
5 . Hello. My name is Ellen Stewart,你們好 ,我叫Ellen Stewart
6 . Let's just all calm down,讓我們全都冷靜下來,
7 . I just called to tell you我打電話是想告訴你
8 . You tried, Mom.盡力了, 媽媽。
9 . ... I care about people, not things.……我關心人, 而不是東西。
10 . And guess what?你們猜怎麼著?
11 . What does the word care mean?所謂 關心 是指什麼呢
12 . on Ellen Stewart--she cares.叫做 Ellen Stewart 她關心 。
13 . You were terrific!真是太棒了!
14 . you've made a very strong impression你已經留下了非常深刻的印象
15 . Vote for me, Ellen Stewart.請投我, Ellen Stewart一票。
16 . ... I mean that when I say I care,……我的意思是當我說 我關心 時
17 . You inherited your father's brains.你繼承了你父親的好頭腦。
18 . but now what?但下一步怎麼辦?
19 . in the morning to interview you.在明天早晨來採訪你。
20 . Their TV news is going to cover it.他們的電視新聞將報導這一消息。
21 . I did make a difference in town.我確實在鎮上發揮了影響力。
22 . Vote for me, Ellen Stewart.請投我 Ellen Stewart一票。
23 . What happened?發生了什麼事?
24 . You'll have another chance next election.下次選舉時, 還有機會。
25 . Can I see it?我可以看嗎?
26 . We got our brains from you, Dad.我們從你那兒繼承了好頭腦 ,爸爸。
27 . I'm gonna do an article我準備寫一篇文章
28 . I appreciate your kind words.我很感謝你好心的安慰。
29 . I'm sorry, Mom.我很難過, 媽媽。
30 . on our community.給我們的社區。
31 . but in the end the voters will have to decide.但最後卻要由選民來決定。
32 . Oh, yes, yes, Mr. Maxwell.噢, 是的, 是的, Maxwell先生。
33 . and I'm running for the open seat on the school board.我正在競選聯合校董會的席次。
34 . I know we're getting some attention now,我認為我們現在固然漸漸引起一些注意,
35 . that you are very impressive.你給人們留下了深刻的印象。
36 . Leave it to me.交給我來辦吧。
37 . ... my slogan is I care.……我的口號是, 我關心 。
38 . That's a brilliant idea, Richard!這主意太棒了, Richard!
39 . Mom is now on television媽媽現在出現在電視上
40 . but you won the attention of the residents of Riverdale,of Boswell, and of me.但你引起了Riverdale的居民、Boswell和我的的注目。
41 . You lost by only a hundred and twenty-one votes.僅僅以一百二十一票的些微差距輸了。
42 . and get some fresh air?呼吸一些新鮮空氣呢?
43 . Well, thank you, Mr. Maxwell.噢, 謝謝你, Maxwell先生。
44 . I care about people, not things.我關心的是人而不是東西。
45 . Vote for me, Ellen Stewart.請投我, Ellen Stewart一票。
46 . How can we possibly get it on so Riverdale我們怎樣才能讓Riverdale的人
47 . for the one seat on the Riverdale School Board,爭奪Riverdale聯合校董會一個席次
48 . will see it and hear it?看到和聽到它呢?
49 . some magazine will pick up the story, too.一些雜貨店也將刊登這項消息。
50 . I called channel five.我打電話給了第五頻道。