走遍美國
A Big Fish in a Little Pond(小池塘裏的大魚) ACT II
1 . Oh! Harry has been offered a job in Los Angeles.噢, 有人聘請Harry到Los Angeles工作。
2 . It's a big decision for me, Bill.對我來說這是個大決定, Bill。
3 . and that you have a fantastic reputation in the toy industry.而且在玩具界有很好的聲譽。
4 . Yes, but I don't know where to start.是的 ,但我不知道從何說起。
5 . Craft and Craft is the biggest in the country.Craft and Craft是全國最大的。
6 . It's the biggest company in the country.它是全國最大的。
7 . I don't want to interrupt her school year.我不願意打斷她這個學年。
8 . Harry, it's the perfect job for you. You'll love it. Harry那是份最適合你的工作。你會喜歡的。
9 . He has a major toy buyer in Los Angeles,他在Los Angeles有一個玩具大買主,
10 . he could help you find a real good job in Los Angeles.他能夠幫你在Los Angeles找個很好的工作。
11 . Well ... I feel fine about it. Why shouldn't I?嗯……我覺得不錯。為什麼不呢?
12 . And about helping me find a job in Los Angeles.請他幫我在Los Angeles找一份工作。
13 . You're right. We'll talk to her about it.說得對。我們要跟她談談。
14 . I think Michelle is asleep now. Let's talk.我想Michelle現在睡著了。讓我們談談吧。
15 . I have to do what I can do to support him.我就應該盡我的力量來支持他。
16 . Can I tell you what I think?讓我來告訴你我的想法好嗎?
17 . There are so many things to consider. There's Michelle.要考慮的事太多了。首先是Michelle。
18 . Well, I'm not going to kid you, Susan.噢 ,我可不想哄騙Susan。
19 . I don't know if it's right for her.我不知道這事對她是否恰當。
20 . I think I'm going to have a talk with Mr. Marchetta我想我要跟Marchetta先生談談
21 . I think you could talk to Mr. Marchetta,我想你可以跟Marchetta先生談談
22 . Talk it over. Think it over. Let me know by the end of the week.好好地談一談。好好地想一想。這個週末以前讓我知道你的決定。
23 . Yeah, I know. The biggest.是的, 我知道。最大的。
24 . Well, then you feel good about taking it?嗯 ,那你覺得接受它很對了?
25 . But I'm not so sure that I want to leave New York,但我不能確定我真想離開紐約,
26 . When would we have to move?什麼時候我們得搬家?
27 . I think that you're very successful我認為你事業有成
28 . Yeah, yeah. The biggest. When do I have to let you know?是的, 是的, 最大的。我什麼時候該給你回音?
29 . How should I feel?我該作何感想?
30 . I don't know if I can get a good job in Los Angeles.我不知道我能否在Los Angeles找到好工作。
31 . Oh! Hi, Grandpa. Yes, of course, I am, but my mind isn't.噢, 嗨, 爺爺。是的, 當然, 我準備好了, 但是有點心事。
32 . and get his feelings about my leaving.徵求他關於我離開的意見。
33 . Aren't you excited about that?你不感到興奮嗎?
34 . you, and the rest of our family.你和我們家的其他人。
35 . But this should be your decision.但這必須由你做決定。
36 . But I think we should talk to Michelle about all of this.但我認為我們應該跟Micelle談談這整件事。
37 . Yup. He asked me if I want the job.是的。他問我要不要接受那份工作。
38 . Sure I am. But there's so much more to consider.我當然興奮。但是還有那麼多問題需要考慮。
39 . and he's pretty sure that I can get a good job there.他相當肯定我可以在那兒弄到一份好工作。
40 . sacrifices have to be made by one partner from time to time.總要有一方必須不時做些犧牲。
41 . And I talked with Mr. Marchetta. Did York make the offer?我也和Marchrtta先生談了。York是否跟你談那個工作機會?
42 . She'll love it. It's a once-in-a-lifetime offer, Harry.她也會喜歡的。這是個千載難逢的機會, Harry。
43 . What did he say? Did you tell him about me?他怎麼說? 跟他談到我嗎?
44 . And how do you feel about taking the job in Los Angeles?你對於到Los Angeles接受這份工作有何感想?
45 . A real dilemma.一個大傷腦筋的事。
46 . I also have my daughter to consider.我還要考慮我女兒。
47 . Well, you'll have to ask her.噢, 應當問問她。
48 . It's something that only you and Harry can work out.這件事只有你和Harry才能定奪。
49 . That's exciting, Harry. What was it?太令人興奮了, Harry。是什麼樣的工作?
50 . Well, this is something to think about.噢, 這種事確實需要想一想。