走遍美國
A Big Fish in a Little Pond(小池塘裏的大魚) ACT I
1 . I guess we'll have to exchange it, too.我想我們還得去換一件。
2 . It doesn't need any alterations. We must've bought the right size.不需作任何修改。我們一定是買對了尺寸。
3 . It is. That's why we bought it for you.是的。這就是我們買給你的原因。
4 . I love her very much. She's been a joy.我很愛她。她是個討人喜歡的孩子。
5 . If it's a good job,假如它是個好工作
6 . I have been offered a job with a major accounting company有一家大會計公司提供我一個工作
7 . Los Angeles? That's a big decision. Los Angeles這可是個大決定。
8 . Let's take a look at the winter jacket. Come on over here, honey.讓我們看看冬季夾克。到這兒來, 親愛的。
9 . that does his major accounting work承辦他主要會計工作的那家公司
10 . He has a big sales office in Los Angeles,他在Los Angeles有一個大的銷售辦事處,
11 . The real discussion comes tomorrow.明天才會正式商談。
12 . Sure. Put it back in your room, and we'll hang everything up later.當然。將它放回你的房間裡, 過一會兒我們來一件件掛起來。
13 . I have a client in the garment business, on Seventh Avenue.我有個客戶在Seventh Avenue從事成衣生意。
14 . She's never been happier.她從來沒有像現在這樣快樂過。
15 . Turn around, Michelle. Let me see the back of it.轉過去一下, Michelle。讓我看看它的背面。
16 . Do you want to see the winter jacket on me, Susan?你想看看我穿上冬季的夾克怎樣嗎, Susan?
17 . until I have a chance to talk with you about it.除非我有機會跟你談過。
18 . Try on the skirt and blouse outfit, Michelle--試試上衣和裙子的那一套吧, Michelle。
19 . And I don't have to make a quick decision.而且我也不需很快下決定。
20 . How do you like it, Daddy?你覺得怎樣 ,爸爸?
21 . Susan, I don't plan to make any decisions Susan我不打算做決定
22 . Well ...? Could we ask for anything more?嗯…… 我們還有什麼可求的嗎?
23 . is looking for an executive. And he recommended me.正在物色一位主管。他推薦了我。
24 . But it's kind of small also. We must've bought the wrong size.但它也有點小了。我們一定買錯了尺寸。
25 . Yes, but it would mean that we'd have to move to L.A.是的。但這意味著我們必須搬到Los Angeles。
26 . I know. It will also affect you and your job, if we decide to go.我知道。假如我們決定去的話, 也會影響到你和你的工作。
27 . Looks like we should've bought a bigger one.看來我們應該買一件大些的。
28 . Is everything OK?一切都好嗎?
29 . my career opportunities in Los Angeles.我在Los Angeles的事業機會。
30 . when it's very cold out.冬天外面很冷的時候。
31 . I look silly! It is too small!我看來很滑稽 ,它太小了!
32 . Can I take it off? I'm hot!我可以脫掉嗎?我好熱!
33 . I like the color. She looks good in blue.我喜歡這顏色。她穿藍色的很好看。
34 . It's good for every day. It will be good for school, Michelle.這套衣服每天都可以穿。它適合上學時穿, Michelle。
35 . Wow! It sure will. But first tell me about the job, Harry.喔, 當然會。但首先告訴我是什麼樣的工作, Harry。
36 . Well, are you going to tell me what's on your mind, Harry?好了, 你要不要告訴我你在想什麼, Harry?
37 . I like it a lot. It fits well.我非常喜歡。它很合身。
38 . Well, there's a lot to think about.噢 有許多事需要考慮。
39 . And I've never been happier, Harry.我也從來沒有這樣快樂過 ,Harry。
40 . I like it, too. I always like skirts that go like this.我也喜歡它。我一直喜歡能像這樣飄動的裙子。
41 . If it's a good one, then we'll make it work for us.假如它是個好工作, 我們就順水推舟。
42 . I like blue, too, Daddy.我也喜歡藍色的, 爸爸。
43 . I do his taxes every year.我每年為他處理稅務。
44 . Michelle has been a different kid since we've been married.自從我們結婚之後, Michelle變成另一個人了。
45 . I really like this one Susan. Do you?Susan我真的很喜歡這一件,你呢?
46 . What did you mean by well ...?你說 嗯…… 的意思是什麼?
47 . Is everything all right?一切都好嗎?
48 . and becoming part of the Stewart family, too.而且成為Stewart家庭的一份子。
49 . when I said we couldn't ask for anything more.在我說我們再沒什麼可求的了的時候。
50 . Yes, I do. Change back into your jeans,是的, 我想看看。換回你的牛仔褲,