走遍美國
Grandpa's Trunk(祖父的行李箱) ACT II
1 . Some people don't mind being alone. I do.有些人不在乎獨自生活。 我在乎。
2 . That's my destination.那是我要去的地方。
3 . Pleased to meet you.很高興遇見你 。
4 . and shipped it to my children in New York.運到我孩子那兒去了 他們住在紐約。
5 . I retired because... I wanted to be with my family.我退休是因為……我想和全家人在一起。
6 . He started with them almost forty years ago.他在那裡做了快四十年了。
7 . He's an aerospace engineer,and works for Orlando Aircraft Corporation.他擔任航太工程師,為Orlando飛機公司工作。
8 . but it's too early to know for sure.但我現在還不能決定。
9 . What do you do?你現在做什麼工作?
10 . My house is only a few miles from Spaceport.我的家離Spaceport只有幾哩路。
11 . I was in the smoking section.我原本坐在吸煙車廂的。
12 . Do you live in New York?住在紐約嗎?
13 . I tried to teach my kids the importance of independence,我總是告誡孩子們獨立的重要。
14 . My husband and I live near Spaceport.我和我丈夫住在Spaceport附近。
15 . Why did you stop working?你為什麼要退休?
16 . We were married almost fifty years.我們結婚將近五十年。
17 . Oh yes, yes. My husband's there now.啊, 對 對。我丈夫現在就在那兒。
18 . I can't wait, to see them!我恨不得馬上見到他們。
19 . He couldn't take time off to come to New York with me.他走不開 沒辦法和我一起來紐約。
20 . Would you kindly hold these keys, please?請幫我拿一下鑰匙。
21 . Small world. I'm from Titusville, too.世界真小。我也是從Titusville來的。
22 . I just retired. Had my own company.我剛退休。我原來開一家公司。
23 . Where are you from in Florida?你從佛羅里達的什麼地方來?
24 . It's OK, lady. Take your time.沒關係, 太太。慢慢來。
25 . No. I sold the house and the furniture,put a few personal things in an old trunk,不。我把房子和家俱都賣了,剩下一些東西放進一個舊衣箱,
26 . I didn't want to be alone anymore!我不想再一個人獨自生活了。
27 . John and I celebrate our fortieth anniversary next month.下個月John和我將慶祝我們的結婚四十年紀念。
28 . Do you have family in New York?在紐約有親人嗎?
29 . Really? What part?真的? 什麼地方?
30 . I understand. But tell me.我能理解。告訴我。
31 . No, no. I just changed my seat.不 不。我剛才換了一下座位。
32 . A son and his wife and their three children--my grandchildren.有個兒子, 還有兒媳婦以及他們的三個孩子,我的孫兒女們。
33 . You said you have family in New York.你說你在紐約有親人。
34 . I'm pretty independent.我是獨立性很強的人。
35 . but I'm not sure I want to be alone.但我不知道我是否想一個人生活。
36 . Lots of wonderful memories.留下的是許多美好的回憶。
37 . I'm sure it's in your purse, Mrs. Tobin.我相信是在你的皮包 Tobin太太。
38 . A man next to me was smoking,and smoke really bothers me.我旁邊的那個人抽煙,我受不了。
39 . I am, too. But didn't you just get on?我也是。可是,你不是剛上車的嗎?
40 . No, no. But I do have very close friends in New York City.沒有。我在紐約有很要好的朋友。
41 . Excuse me, ma'am. Ticket, please.對不起, 太太 ,車票請拿出來看一下。
42 . A construction company. Roads, bridges, big stuff.一家建築公司。修路, 築橋, 都是大工程。
43 . Do you want to sit by the window?想靠窗坐嗎?
44 . Oh, congratulations! That's nice.啊, 恭喜你們! 太好了。
45 . Permanently?一直住下去?
46 . No, it's not taken.沒有 ,沒人坐。
47 . We like to go to the theater together.我們常一起去看戲。
48 . Do you still live there?你現在還住那兒嗎?
49 . Oh, let me help you with this.來, 我幫你放好。
50 . Are you going to live with them?您打算和他們一起住嗎?