初二英語課文
Unit 16 The seasons of the year
1 . It is harvest time, and all the farmers are very busy.因是收穫季節,所有的農民都很忙。
2 . You asked me about the weather here in China.你問及中國的天氣。
3 . Often, we help them with the harvest.我們經常幫助他們收割。
4 . I was born in a town near London. But we live in London now.我出生於牛津附近的一個小鎮。不過我們現在住在倫敦。
5 . Really? You came at a bad time of year, I'm afraid!真的?恐怕你來的不是時候。
6 . Oh dear! It's very warm in this clasroom, isn't?天哪,這屋裡真暖和,不是嗎?
7 . Young people love this time of year, because it is good for sports.年輕人喜愛這個時節,因為它適合體育運動。
8 . The way you speak! Which part of Australia do you come from?從你講話的方式!你從澳大利亞哪個地方來?
9 . You're from Australia, aren't you?你是澳大利亞人,對嗎?
10 . Because it's winter now. The weather here is very cold in winter, isn't it?因為現在是冬天。這兒的冬天天氣非常冷,對嗎?
11 . Autumn is a busy season. The days get shorter and the nights get longer.秋天是繁忙的季節。白天逐漸變短,夜晚則漸漸變長。
12 . I often go-swimming, sometimes in a lake near my home, and sometimes in the river.我經常去游泳,有時在我家附近的湖裡,有時在河裡。
13 . Yes. It's very different from Australia at this time of year.對。這個時節這兒的天氣與澳大利亞的大不相同。
14 . Sometimes it snows, and the land is all white. Then we go skating.有時會下雪,地面白茫茫一片。那時我們就去滑冰。
15 . The farmers are all busy, getting ready for the next year.農民們則全都忙著為下一年作準備。
16 . Last year we helped them with the orange-picking.We really enjoyed working on the farm.去年我們幫他們搞蘋果。我們實在太喜歡在農場幹活了。
17 . Plumtree-that's a small village not far from Sydney. What about you? You're from England, aren't you?普拉姆特裡--那是個離悉尼不遠的小村莊。你呢?你是英國人,對嗎?
18 . Which part of England do you come from?你從英國的什麼地方來?
19 . Where are you from?你是哪兒的人?
20 . Can you guess?你能猜出來嗎?
21 . Yes, it is. You need to wear warmer clothes.是啊,你應該穿得更暖和些。
22 . Yes, I am. How did you guess?是。你怎麼猜到的?
23 . I came here last month.我上個月到這兒。
24 . It's very hot. It's summer in Australia now!很熱。澳大利亞現在正值夏天!
25 . It often rains,sometimes quite heavily. Everything grows very quickly.常下雨,且有時下得很大。萬物生長很快。
26 . The coldest season of the year is winter.一年裡最冷的季節是冬天。
27 . Summer comes after spring. It is the hottest season.春天之後是夏天。夏天是最熱的季節。
28 . Really? What's the weather like in Australia now?真的嗎?澳大利亞現在天氣怎樣?
29 . Why do you say that?你為什麼這樣說?
30 . I hope you are well. Thank you for your last letter.願你身體健康。感謝你上次來信。
31 . This year we are going to help them with the rice harvest.今年我們準備去幫他們收水稻。
32 . There are four seasons in the year here--spring, summer, autumn and winter.這兒一年有四季--春、夏、秋、冬。
33 . Spring is the best season of the year.春天是一年裡最好的季節。
34 . I enjoy it very much.我很喜歡游泳。
35 . On the farm, everything begins to grow.The trees turn green, and the flowers start to come out.農場裡,各種作物開始生長。樹木變綠,鮮花盛開。
36 . Some people don't like winter, but I quite like it.有些人不喜歡冬天,但我很喜歡。
37 . The weather gets warmer, and the days get longer.天氣漸暖,白天漸漸變長。
38 . What did Wang Wei write about in her letter?王偉在信裡寫了什麼?
39 . Oh dear! It's very cold today, isn't it?天哪,天真冷,不是嗎?
40 . Look at this letter from Wang Wei to her penfriend in Australia.請看這封王偉寫給她在澳大利亞的筆友的信。
41 . Bruce, when did you come to China?布魯斯,你什麼時候來到中國?
42 . Yes, it is. Why don't you take off your sweater?是啊,你何不脫了羊毛衫呢?